Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all,

So my wife and i picked up our certified pre owned 2017 hyundai santa fe se about 3 weeks ago and have been experiencing intermittent starting issues. the santa fe se has about 42,XXX miles on it and it usually happens on "first starts of the day" and when i turn the key it acts like the battery is at low voltage but the radio and all electrical works fine. there is no clicking sound like if the battery is low. The engine doesnt turnover at all. it is not a push button start model it is the switch blade FOB. this is very frustrating to me since its not even an old vehicle and should not be doing this. i have it scheduled to be looked soon but id rather post here to see if anyone has experienced this or if any hyundai maintenance techs here know if it is common and if its an easy fix. thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Brake pedal switch or neutral safety switch.

Assuming when it starts, it starts right up, no slow crank.

No alarm systems added by previous owner.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
hi all,

So my wife and i picked up our certified pre owned 2017 hyundai santa fe se about 3 weeks ago and have been experiencing intermittent starting issues. the santa fe se has about 42,XXX miles on it and it usually happens on "first starts of the day" and when i turn the key it acts like the battery is at low voltage but the radio and all electrical works fine. there is no clicking sound like if the battery is low. The engine doesnt turnover at all. it is not a push button start model it is the switch blade FOB. this is very frustrating to me since its not even an old vehicle and should not be doing this. i have it scheduled to be looked soon but id rather post here to see if anyone has experienced this or if any hyundai maintenance techs here know if it is common and if its an easy fix. thanks all in advance.
No location called in profile to be seen in box there under username,, but seeing "miles" in text< I will venture you is "maybe" USA,, so with that,, USA VIN has a 5yr / 60,000 mile basic warranty

Drop it at dealer and let them deal with it, no reason for you to messing with it,, it Hyundai Motor problem currently

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correct, when it starts, it starts right up like new. no aftermarket alarm. Vehicle is all factory OEM no aftermarket anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No location called in profile to be seen in box there under username,, but seeing "miles" in text< I will venture you is "maybe" USA,, so with that,, USA VIN has a 5yr / 60,000 mile basic warranty

Drop it at dealer and let them deal with it, no reason for you to messing with it,, it Hyundai Motor problem currently

sorry fixed profile.

yes im in USA and i am going to let them handle this issue. but is this a common issue with these vehicles? i would assume im not the only one with this issue.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Have had a time when my Elantra would not start
Intermittently, it would just not turn over, crank
Like the battery was dead. Happened several times.
So, one time I go out to the supermarket and get groceries
Ice cream is on sale. So all goes into the trunk.
I get in and try to start the engine. Nothing.
No head lights but radio did turn on
Try for like five minutes, nothing
Sit and get the phone. Ready to call a tow.
Try one more time and it starts
Get it home. Ice cream is soft but not watery mush.

Next day clean up battery terminals and cables
Clean grounds. and for extra measure replaced the ignition switch
That was last summer. Haven't had the same issue since.

Note: Don't know if you have same problem or not??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts