Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Santa Fe hesitate when I pull out into heavy traffic. I push the petal to the max and the Santa Fe will hesitate creating a life threating situation. I took it to the dealer and was told they all do it. That is not an acceptable answer. I am filing a complaint with NHTSA to look into this situation before more lives are lost. I have read in other forums other models have this problem. I don't understand people suggesting to not press so hard on the petal, use manual or sport mode not ECO or Normal. They should be screaming at NHTSA before they lose a family member or their own life to have the company fix this problem.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I won't say they all do it, mine definitely doesn't do it however what mine does do, is sometimes the traction control will engage giving that sense of hesitation.

When I'm pulling out of my dirt road onto the paved road I always have the traction control off and whenever I feel the need that I'm going to have to really get moving quick I turn the traction control off just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The throttle is controlled electronically. There is no longer a throttle wire connecting the pedal directly to the throttle body.

If you think the Santa Fe is bad, try driving a new Tacoma.

You could try an ECM tune or some sort of aftermarket accessory that claims to improve pedal response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts