Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I should have posted here to begin with but my original post is in the UK regional area of the forum.

Long story short I have a 2018/18 i20 and it has the non-carplay version of the headunit:
Plant Steering part Motor vehicle Car Vehicle

Just 6 months later Hyundai added a carplay and Android auto version which looks very similar, at least the entire housing shape looks the same:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Does anybody know if I can just buy the newer model head unit, the surround, fans and the hazard button and swap it over with my earlier model?
Is there a recoding process?

If it's not possible whats the best aftermarket upgrade for this situation that you chaps are doing?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because that looks tacky and it's something I'd like to avoid since the car is fairly new. I know Id have to replace the head unit, the fascia and the hazard switch. The fans come with the fascia. I've messaged a few eBay sellers for the headunit to see if they'll add the other parts above but no replies yet. The headunit alone is £200-350 on eBay.

I went to Hyundai and spoke to a technician. He said there's no coding issues and the entire thing should fit as the dashboard is the same from the 2017 to 2019 model but he's not sure about the wiring. So I think I'm left with maybe buying one with the extra bits and seeing if the wires match, if not I'll just have to resell it all.

I was hoping someone here might know about the compatibility as I doubt I'm the first person to want an upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also just found this video with the exact same looking headunit as mine but the software looks much newer and supports android auto. I used update.hyundai.com to download the latest software but it's still the same.

Is there something I'm missing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts