Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the forum so I hope I post this in the correct forum. I own a 2017 Hyundai Tuscon with 26,400 mile. Okay two part question. Should I take my car and having the dealership perform a fuel injection service, or should I add a bottle of fuel additive to the fuel tank? I know Hyundai sells their brand of additive but what are some of the better additives to use?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
What Hyundai sells is a rebranded bottle of Techron at a much higher cost.

Reactions: VERSAHANDLER25

·
Registered
97 Posts
+ 1 to the Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner. If you have an Autozone Parts Store in your area they often have a "buy one get one" sale on the product, so stock up. Add a bottle to your fuel tank every oil change and you are good to go! Try to use top tier gasoline since that is what is recommended. Here is a link to a list of top tier stations. https://www.toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hello new to the forum so I hope I post this in the correct forum. I own a 2017 Hyundai Tuscon with 26,400 mile. Okay two part question. Should I take my car and having the dealership perform a fuel injection service, or should I add a bottle of fuel additive to the fuel tank? I know Hyundai sells their brand of additive but what are some of the better additives to use?
Absolute waste of money to put anything other than fuel in your tank when you only have 26K on the clock.

Reactions: oscargamer

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've been using Chevron /w Techron once a year since my first fuel injected car (1985 Accord).
I've seen it smooth out a rough idle in just a couple miles; improve crappy running chainsaws & lawn mowers.
When I got my Toyota Matrix I tried skipping it, and after about 3 years & 15k miles the idle got a little rough.
Sure enough, a bottle in the tank smoothed it right out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
what engine do you have? 1.6T? 2.0? any history of car maintenence? What oil has been used if known & what oil are you going to use?

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
BTW why do you think you need this service? Is there a problem or PM stuff?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2017 Tuscon

what engine do you have? 1.6T? 2.0? any history of car maintenence? What oil has been used if known & what oil are you going to use?
Sorry about that I thought I put that in my message. I have the 1.6 turbo and it is serviced at 8,000 miles with STP full synthetic 5w30

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2017 Tuscon

Well I was going threw the maintenance log/schedule that comes with the car and was looking at what needs to be down at certain mileage and seen that it said fuel injection service. I have no performance issue but I have noticed a tiny bit of a rough idle and the engine isn't as smooth as before at times. I usually run Chevron 87 octane since I got the car also. I say I have used Chevron 80% of the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well I was going threw the maintenance log/schedule that comes with the car and was looking at what needs to be down at certain mileage and seen that it said fuel injection service. I have no performance issue but I have noticed a tiny bit of a rough idle and the engine isn't as smooth as before at times. I usually run Chevron 87 octane since I got the car also. I say I have used Chevron 80% of the time.
Just pour a bottle of those full system cleaner every oil change. Then you are good.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
As your engine wears it will not be as smooth as new. You can put plugs, wires, clean TB and do a fuel service and still may not be as smooth. Putting fuel system cleaner in every oil change is good for the stock holders of the company but not so for you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
As your engine wears it will not be as smooth as new. You can put plugs, wires, clean TB and do a fuel service and still may not be as smooth. Putting fuel system cleaner in every oil change is good for the stock holders of the company but not so for you.

OR his 2017 with 1.6 Turbo will start getting noisey due to piston skirts breaking and fall into oil pan,, up to 3 since first of yr........... I havent had to replace one, but had to clean up part of 1 the shop goober screwed all up (missing bolts, wiring not routed proper, engine vibe due to loose mount),, I dont even want to know when that car come in for service,, I DONT WANT TO BE NEAR THAT CAR...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Most newer Hyundai owner's manual states:
If TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is not available, one bottle of additive added to the fuel tank at every 7,500 miles or 12 months is recommended.

I'd recommend any PEA based additive. Many to choose from at Walmart and local autopart stores.

It's easier to fill up at a quality fuel station that is toptier certified and not worry about additives.

Gumout, STP, BG, Lubegard, Amsoil, Redline, RoyalPurple, Chevron, 3M... are some brands to use.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
OR his 2017 with 1.6 Turbo will start getting noisey due to piston skirts breaking and fall into oil pan,, up to 3 since first of yr........... I havent had to replace one, but had to clean up part of 1 the shop goober screwed all up (missing bolts, wiring not routed proper, engine vibe due to loose mount),, I dont even want to know when that car come in for service,, I DONT WANT TO BE NEAR THAT CAR...
LOL.....I know the feeling....Hate having to correct others stupid mistakes. Are you flat rate? If so, and I think you probably are, I would be sick that day.....Let some hourly guy do it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
LOL.....I know the feeling....Hate having to correct others stupid mistakes. Are you flat rate? If so, and I think you probably are, I would be sick that day.....Let some hourly guy do it.
I punched time on goober car.. and wrote down everything I had to correct.. new car, think it was close to 1000 mile,, no reason it shouldnt look it had been goofed with,, all should be back in place as it was received off truck from Hyundai to dealer for PDI and delivered to customer..

Reactions: grcauto
1 - 15 of 15 Posts