Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easy stuff, good to change every 15k. For 5 bucks why not! Don't be those cheap guys who try to clean & re-use a pcv valve plz.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Why would you replace the valve at 15k? They don't have issues but I suppose if that's want you want to do go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you replace the valve at 15k? They don't have issues but I suppose if that's want you want to do go ahead and do it.
Wait? Why wouldn't you for $5 bucks? When was the last time you changed yours?

If you have never changed it & came in here to leave an ignorant comment of not replacing a pcv with no data or previous experience then go away or don't comment at all.

I don't believe you understand the importance of a free flowing pcv. This is my 3rd turbocharged vehicle, I think I know, especially when 2 of them are over 100k miles :) but then again who am I to spread informative & helpful information for turbocharged 1.6L GDI's.

Reactions: Weeds

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wait? Why wouldn't you for $5 bucks? When was the last time you changed yours?

If you have never changed it & came in here to leave an ignorant comment of not replacing a pcv with no data or previous experience then go away or don't comment at all.

I don't believe you understand the importance of a free flowing pcv. This is my 3rd turbocharged vehicle, I think I know, especially when 2 of them are over 100k miles :) but then again who am I to spread informative & helpful information for turbocharged 1.6L GDI's.
Thanks for your video and info.

My Tucson has about 35k miles on it. It's a 2017 1.6T like yours. I haven't replaced this yet. I couldn't find in the owner's manual where it says to replace the PCV valve at any specific interval. Maybe I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
90 Posts
https://www.cars.com/articles/when-should-you-replace-the-pcv-valve-1420680471182/

this is simplified for those who don't know the functionality & importance of a PCV valve
From the link you provided, "Though it’s not listed in the maintenance schedule in most vehicles, the PCV system should be inspected periodically to make sure it’s still in good condition, especially if engine performance has deteriorated".

I guess this answers why it is not listed in the owner's manual. Being that it's such an important part in what it does, it should be listed as a replacement part at a certain maintenance interval.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Don't believe everything you see on the net. They are quiet robust and will perform as they are designed for many many miles/kilometers. It's people that don't change their oil that have problems and engines that have done lots of miles. Yes turbo cars can suffer with high levels of blowby that lead to the valve gumming up but not at 15K.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't believe everything you see on the net. They are quiet robust and will perform as they are designed for many many miles/kilometers. It's people that don't change their oil that have problems and engines that have done lots of miles. Yes turbo cars can suffer with high levels of blowby that lead to the valve gumming up but not at 15K.
With gamma direct injected vehicles such as ours I wouldn't go past 20k miles, especially when the valves cost only $5 bucks.

My reasoning for 15k mile change is due to seeing foul pcv valves from poor oil quality and oci's(uneducated/ignorant 1.6L Turbocharged owners). I'm simply playing it safe & providing preventative maintenance for those who want the best out of their engine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A good interval for these would be 45k miles - same as the spark plugs. The plugs are right nearby the PCV and you have to take the top cover off so might as well do both spark plugs & PCV and call it a tune up. :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Anyone know what part number i need to request at the autozone?
or can I just be like give me a tucson 2016 PCV Valve?
Wkang87,
Hyundai OEM part # is 26740-32804
- Standard Motor Products Part # is B204028769STD
- Intermotor Part # is PCV495
- FRAM part# is FV266
- BECK/ARNLEY part # is 0450286

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wkang87,
Hyundai OEM part # is 26740-32804
- Standard Motor Products Part # is B204028769STD
- Intermotor Part # is PCV495
- FRAM part# is FV266
- BECK/ARNLEY part # is 0450286
Hey so I wen to autoparts today and gave them the OEM part # and they gave me the PCV495, the video states PCV266, would that matter at all?
Mine is Hyundai 2016 Limited AWD 1.6T

·
Registered
397 Posts
Should be no difference other than manufacturer part numbers;
PCV495 - Intermotor (which is actually part of Standard Motor Inc. )
PCV266 - FRAM (FRAM is usually suggested by ASIAN manufactures.)
It may be possible that one on these manufacturers actually manufacture the Hyundai OEM PCV valve.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This saved my engine probably a whole lot!
I just replaced them today and it was so fkn gunky!
I'm sitting at 45K miles and you can hear the gunk inside the PCV Valve.
Thank you to OP! for great info!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sadly I waitied a little bit longer than i originally planned. @ 23k mi now, and plan to replace this and my spark plugs at the same time. Still trying to replace my dct transmission oil, but having 1 **** of a time trying to find exact picture of the fill port. The drawings apparently arent enough my mediocre automotive abilities.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sadly I waitied a little bit longer than i originally planned. @ 23k mi now, and plan to replace this and my spark plugs at the same time. Still trying to replace my dct transmission oil, but having 1 **** of a time trying to find exact picture of the fill port. The drawings apparently arent enough my mediocre automotive abilities.
For both my veloster and tucson i replaced oem trans fluid with this: MT-LV 70W/75W GL-4 Gear Oil

From what I hear our transmission fluid change isn't as easy as normal so I just went and took it to the dealership with that Redline MT-LV 70w75w GL-4 gear oil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts