Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited. I love my car. It only has 18,000 miles on it, but there is a recurring issue that the dealership cannot replicate and, therefore, cannot address. They want me to drive it in while it's happening because turning off the car will reset the codes. You can't do that! Why would I drive my car and cause irreparable damage and then be blamed?

It's happened once every few months in the last 2 years. The hybrid warning system flashes, all of the panel lights flash and I have to immediately turn off the car. I usually wait a minute or two, restart, and go on my way without further ado.

I've attached a couple of pictures from two different times. Unfortunately, the other times are videos and I cannot attach.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point other than try to find more people with the same issue to either pursue a solution or tell me their resolution.

Please post a response here if your answer to the poll above is "yes".

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yes they can address it and these are known issues and problems of these vehicles have. Have you provided the pictures and videos to the dealer? Did they scan the modules and find NO pending or stored codes? Main thing is you document the issue with the pics and vids, you won't be blamed. Then drive until it leaves you stranded I guess and they're forced to do some thing at that point.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those pics only document that Hybrid system has a fault... could be anything beyond, so they need to plug in during same cycle the it all lit up since it not a constant.. general practice to capture code it the fault has to occur in 2 consecutive key cycle.Drive till fault occurs, and if car will still drive,, drive it to dealer service aisle and DO NOT SHUT OFF CAR,, let them plug in and remind them to DO A COMPLETE SEARCH OF ALL MODULES,,, NOT 1 OR 3, ALL, because they on network to share info for each system operation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts