Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Viewers,

I recently bought 2017 Hyundai Elantra GL with 7' without Navigation Heads Display Unit has Android Auto but not Apple Carplay and after research I came across Hyundai's expires update program which no longer supports free download.

Is there someone who can send me files for update please thanks I really wanna get Apple Carplay in my new car asap.

Even buying a map update will update my software ? but I don't have SD card slot I just have pen drive.

Please reply asap.

Best Regards,
N G

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Took RCA 45 rpm large hole 7" record 17 years to have that format accepted and standardized by the industry, this is all history. No such standards for cell phones either They have to talk to each other and text messages, but that is about it. Touch screens are the latest really cheap way to get rid of a keyboard, but accidentally swipes on the screen, not your fingers, anything with an electrostatic charge.

Always changing your setup, wife's Apple is constantly putting her phone in airport mode, won't ring when I call her. Have very carefully use the switch to turn off the screen before putting it away,

With car play, all the radio manufacturers have to do is to provide an interface for your phone, basically two types, Android, but Apple has to be different, don't ask anyone why. Every Android phone can be a little different, or else will be in for copyright infringement. But constantly getting updates on my phone from goggle about every two weeks. Another variable is the type of display your radio has.

What seems to work for all his hand free calls, even on the most basic models. Just saying, good luck with your system. Mine works sometimes, but then get an update, quits until the next update. Just don't depend on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my setup screen I can choose Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. So you're saying you don't have those options?
Mine is not a NAV unit either.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My 2017 Limited depend upon who gets in the car first, my wife with her Apple or me with my android.

Seems like with my android cell phone, getting carplay updates every two weeks from google.

If I want to use BlueLink with yearly GPS map updates will cost us $620.00 per year, but get all this for free with my phone and my Garmin GPS. This way I can listen to all of my MP3's on the Infinity sound system, can't do this with car play.

My wife can find places of interest with our GPS or even with her cell phone. But in the car system, have to pull over and put it in park first. Never tried park at 70 mph.

My first three cars did not have a heater or a radio, 37 Olds had this, only a 4" speaker and only the front right passenger got some heat, wow, have times changed.

Best friend and I love to go to antique car shows, but only to remember, not to buy or drive one. Like this new stuff much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2017 Limited depend upon who gets in the car first, my wife with her Apple or me with my android.

Seems like with my android cell phone, getting carplay updates every two weeks from google.

If I want to use BlueLink with yearly GPS map updates will cost us $620.00 per year, but get all this for free with my phone and my Garmin GPS. This way I can listen to all of my MP3's on the Infinity sound system, can't do this with car play.

My wife can find places of interest with our GPS or even with her cell phone. But in the car system, have to pull over and put it in park first. Never tried park at 70 mph.

My first three cars did not have a heater or a radio, 37 Olds had this, only a 4" speaker and only the front right passenger got some heat, wow, have times changed.

Best friend and I love to go to antique car shows, but only to remember, not to buy or drive one. Like this new stuff much better.
Your Android Phone gets Apple CarPlay updates? hmm
How's your phone connecting to Android Auto without plugging it into the USB port?
My S10+ connects to the bluetooth but not Android Auto unless I plug it into the USB port under the radio.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Your Android Phone gets Apple CarPlay updates? hmm
How's your phone connecting to Android Auto without plugging it into the USB port?
My S10+ connects to the bluetooth but not Android Auto unless I plug it into the USB port under the radio.

Screwed up, first in car is for hand free calls, bluetooth, carplay has to be plugged in with only one USB port.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts