Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Viewers,

I recently bought 2017 Hyundai Elantra GL with 7' without Navigation Heads Display Unit has Android Auto but not Apple Carplay and after research I came across Hyundai's expires update program which no longer supports free download.

Is there someone who can send me files for update please thanks I really wanna get Apple Carplay in my new car asap.

Even buying a map update will update my software ? but I don't have SD card slot I just have pen drive.

Please reply asap.

Best Regards,
N G

·
Registered
955 Posts
people can help you better if they know what country you are in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On my setup screen I can choose Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. So you're saying you don't have those options?
Mine is not a NAV unit either.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
My 2017 Limited depend upon who gets in the car first, my wife with her Apple or me with my android.

Seems like with my android cell phone, getting carplay updates every two weeks from google.

If I want to use BlueLink with yearly GPS map updates will cost us $620.00 per year, but get all this for free with my phone and my Garmin GPS. This way I can listen to all of my MP3's on the Infinity sound system, can't do this with car play.

My wife can find places of interest with our GPS or even with her cell phone. But in the car system, have to pull over and put it in park first. Never tried park at 70 mph.

My first three cars did not have a heater or a radio, 37 Olds had this, only a 4" speaker and only the front right passenger got some heat, wow, have times changed.

Best friend and I love to go to antique car shows, but only to remember, not to buy or drive one. Like this new stuff much better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2017 Limited depend upon who gets in the car first, my wife with her Apple or me with my android.

Seems like with my android cell phone, getting carplay updates every two weeks from google.

If I want to use BlueLink with yearly GPS map updates will cost us $620.00 per year, but get all this for free with my phone and my Garmin GPS. This way I can listen to all of my MP3's on the Infinity sound system, can't do this with car play.

My wife can find places of interest with our GPS or even with her cell phone. But in the car system, have to pull over and put it in park first. Never tried park at 70 mph.

My first three cars did not have a heater or a radio, 37 Olds had this, only a 4" speaker and only the front right passenger got some heat, wow, have times changed.

Best friend and I love to go to antique car shows, but only to remember, not to buy or drive one. Like this new stuff much better.
Your Android Phone gets Apple CarPlay updates? hmm
How's your phone connecting to Android Auto without plugging it into the USB port?
My S10+ connects to the bluetooth but not Android Auto unless I plug it into the USB port under the radio.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Your Android Phone gets Apple CarPlay updates? hmm
How's your phone connecting to Android Auto without plugging it into the USB port?
My S10+ connects to the bluetooth but not Android Auto unless I plug it into the USB port under the radio.

Screwed up, first in car is for hand free calls, bluetooth, carplay has to be plugged in with only one USB port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Viewers,

I recently bought 2017 Hyundai Elantra GL with 7' without Navigation Heads Display Unit has Android Auto but not Apple Carplay and after research I came across Hyundai's expires update program which no longer supports free download.

Is there someone who can send me files for update please thanks I really wanna get Apple Carplay in my new car asap.

Even buying a map update will update my software ? but I don't have SD card slot I just have pen drive.

Please reply asap.

Best Regards,
N G
Hi, you found something to get Car Play in Elantra 2017 GL ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got a 2017 elantra last week here at Canada. Mine comes with Android Auto but no Apple Carplay. I tried to update the software thru update.hyundai, but didnt work because i think its for navigation equipped systems and mine is not. I only get navigation when I connect my samsung phone thru Android Auto. Unfortunately, my wife uses an iphone so she is unable to get any navigation because the system doesnt have any carplay. I already sent an email-ticket to hyundai, to check for a solution. Il also give them a call next week. If anyone out there knows how to install carplay on a 2017 elantra non-navi equipped, let us know here...that would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok i just got a reply from Hyundai Mnsoft, so true enough Ill need to contact customer service. Here is the reply of MNsoft:

Based on the images you provided your vehicle is an audio only unit meaning it does not have built in navigation. Unfortunately we do not provide updates to these vehicles. We only do navigation updates. This being said we will not be able to assist you with updating your vehicle. Please reach out to Hyundai Customer Care for assistance.

Sincerely,
Austin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sumit754,

Thank you for this. I did call the customer service, followed the instructions that they sent out to me thru email and now I finally have Carplay. I said in my last post that I would call customer service, but didn't end up doing so because it felt that they won't be able to help since the Hyundai dealership and Mnsoft was no help at all. Anyway, I was wrong. Hyundai Customer Service would be able to help you get Carplay.

So for 2017 Elantra owners with non-nav head units in Canada, contact Hyundai customer service to get Carplay. Once you have the installer in your USB flash drive, the entire process will take 30 minutes once plugged into your car (so make sure your engine is running so as not to drain your car battery). A couple of bumps you might encounter during the installation process, The 1st time I tapped "Update", it gave me the usual error message " Please check the update memory..." I exited the window and tried it again where it worked the 2nd time around (I think it just takes time for the USB flash drive to load. 2nd bump was when you get to the "Updating the System...Update in progress" screen, 1st run indicated "Update unsucessfull". When you get this, just let it be. It will restart and run the update again, until it completes the update and you will now have Carplay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey can you guide me how to install the file into USB. The file i got from hyundai is in zip format and its not reading in my car. If i unzip it goes to img format .if you can please help me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sumit754,

Thank you for this. I did call the customer service, followed the instructions that they sent out to me thru email and now I finally have Carplay. I said in my last post that I would call customer service, but didn't end up doing so because it felt that they won't be able to help since the Hyundai dealership and Mnsoft was no help at all. Anyway, I was wrong. Hyundai Customer Service would be able to help you get Carplay.

So for 2017 Elantra owners with non-nav head units in Canada, contact Hyundai customer service to get Carplay. Once you have the installer in your USB flash drive, the entire process will take 30 minutes once plugged into your car (so make sure your engine is running so as not to drain your car battery). A couple of bumps you might encounter during the installation process, The 1st time I tapped "Update", it gave me the usual error message " Please check the update memory..." I exited the window and tried it again where it worked the 2nd time around (I think it just takes time for the USB flash drive to load. 2nd bump was when you get to the "Updating the System...Update in progress" screen, 1st run indicated "Update unsucessfull". When you get this, just let it be. It will restart and run the update again, until it completes the update and you will now have Carplay.
Hello
would you be able to send me the email with the file. Hyundai is no help tried everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sumit754,

Can you please send me the instructions 🙏

·
Registered
Black 2017 Elantra GL, LED Headlights
3 Posts
If I don’t recall this is a free service from Hyundai? I went to my dealer and they had an IT person flash the car for me and enable both AA/CarPlay

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking to update my infotainment system in Elantra 2017. I read that you were successful in doing that. Could you please share how you did it?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts