Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my accent last ThanksGiving. Its been doing great. last week the AC seem weird sounding when listening to the blower, it sounded like it was inconstant. The next morning the AC blower didn't blow at all.

I took it to the dealer and dropped it off that night. They checked it out in the morning and every so often up till noon but they said it was working. so I picked it up.

Today it sounds like the blower is fluctuating in speed again. I also noticed the the button underneath it that turns the AC on, off and the circulate buttons aren't working. see video

Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/GNxB8_N0srQ

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,574 Posts
Have heard of blower motor issues
Mostly stories about how the connector on the blower motor doesn't make proper contact
It might get hot and melt

This could be your problem or probably not .. just a guess

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
It's under warranty. Take it back to the dealer and insist they fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Definitely plan on that, especially now that I have proof of it failing.

So ask them to replace the blower or is it something on the electrical harness?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Part of the problem seems to be that you’ve got the temperature selector on max ac, which the AC and recirculate buttons will illuminate the entire time it’s on that setting. If you turn the temperature selector off of max ac, the buttons should work as designed. As far as the blower issues, I can’t help with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Part of the problem seems to be that you’ve got the temperature selector on max ac, which the AC and recirculate buttons will illuminate the entire time it’s on that setting. If you turn the temperature selector off of max ac, the buttons should work as designed. As far as the blower issues, I can’t help with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes,agree. In Max mode, AC cannot be OFF & Recirculate mode will turn ON.

Probably the air direction being setting to Bi-direction mode that cause the reduce air noise?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts