Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My question is, I currently own a 2017 Hyundai Tucson Sport, I recently had a rental car with apple car play and would like to get it for my tucson, however my model isnt able to get it. The 2018 model does include it, does anyone know if i non gps radio from a 2018 would fit in a 2017 model, plug and play.

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you're in the United States, you can update your HU to support Android Auto / Apple CarPlay. See here.
If you're in Canada, you can talk with The IT Nerd member, or read his blog. I think he payed for the update to support Android Auto from the ODM of the HU but since then, Hyundai Canada has offered the update for free.

If you're in the EU, I have some bad news. First and foremost, the HU is totally different from USDM to EUDM. Then, starting with November 2017, the HU for cars assembled in Europe has completely changed - it supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, but also has higher resolution, there's a voice command button on the steering wheel, and runs different software. So for MY2015-2017 the HU software is "GEN 2.0" while MY2018 has software "GEN 5.0 / iAVN". Retrofitting in the dealership costs about 4500 EUR.
There have been some independent attempts to get mirroring to work on GEN 2.0 via WiFi, but that is for Android only.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello,
Thanks for the response, it looks like only Tucson models that have the navigation for MY16-17 can be updated. Unless the diagram is incorrect.

COMPATIBLE MODELS
Update available only for compatible Hyundai models equipped with Display Audio or Navigation.

2015 – 2016 Genesis (Excludes Premium 9.2” Navigation System)
2015 – 2016 Sonata
2015 – 2016 Azera
2016 Elantra GT
2016 Sonata Hybrid
2016 Sonata Plug-In Hybrid
2016 Tucson
2016 Veloster
2017 Santa Fe
2017 Santa Fe Sport

Doesnt say anything about 2017 tucson. When i type in my VIN, it says my vehicle is not compatible.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You have the 5" screen right? If so, I don't think that model can be upgraded to CarPlay via software. Your only option might be doing a head unit swap which I don't know if it will fit. I think there are threads on that here if you look around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts