Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
22,785 Posts
Wasn’t this pretty common on the MD? If I recall correctly, adding a protective case to the remote fixed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It did on my AD. My two MD’s were notoriously bad at opening the trunk. I went to a retirement party in a downtown pub. Had a few brews, snack, said my goodbyes about a hour after arriving. Walked outside...there she was, trunk wide open. Thankful nothing was taken. Could’ve been bad news.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Local Walmart wants $10.98 , $11.59 with sales tax for a pack of four Duracell 2032 batteries.

Ordered exactly the same batteries from ebay for $5.32 with free shipping, they last about two years in our remotes and do not discharge even after ten years.

This gives us a four year supply.

Showed my wife how to start the car if her batteries goes dead, but she will forget. She can call me on her iphone, provided those batteries are not dead.

Last car the remote wouldn't work after the car sat at the airport for 19 days, anti-thief discharged the battery. Key worked to open the door but would not start the engine. Wonder how long this Elantra battery will last with the doors locked and the anti-thief on?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I statrted putting those silicone covers on all my car key fobs. Not only minimizes unintended button pushes, but protects those $$$$$ little things too. I treat my key fobs like $250 pieces of fine jewelry ;)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts