Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I own a 2017 Elantra Value Edition
Also, sorry, I can't post hyperlinks in threads yet.

I am trying to install switchback LEDs in my front turn signals. The issue I am facing is the turn signal socket doesn't have exposed wires for me to splice load resistors into. The turn signal socket instead has 3 metal contacts that make the connection when tightened into the headlamp assembly. (see pictures)

I have been researching for about a day and have found some possible approaches to this issue.

1) Use my multi-meter to find the correct wires and splice load resistors directly into the headlamp assembly power cable. (not sure if this will work or not)

2) I read in another forum that the headlights/taillights circuits are connected and if I connect enough resistors in parallel to the rear turn signal wires then the overall circuit will see enough apparent load and fix the hyperflash issue in the front turn signals. (not sure if this is true or not)

3) Doing something similar to what this guy did in his youtube video titled "How to Install led switchbacks in a Hyundai Sonata (Read Description)" by "SouthernCustoms"

Was curious to hear what others have done or any advice? Thank you so much!

Here is what I have (from Amazon):

Load Resistors: "4Pcs Aaron 50W 6ohm Load Resistors - Fix LED Bulb Fast Hyper Flash Turn Signal Blink Error Code"

Switchback LED: "ENDPAGE 1157 2057 2357 2357A 7528 Switchback LED Bulbs White/Amber, Super Bright 62-SMD with Projector Lens for Turn Signal Lights (Pack of 2)"

·
Registered
983 Posts
Why do you need to install these? What is the benefit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am trying to install switchback LEDs in my front turn signals.
Did you check the level of the blinker fluid first?
Why not just Top them up with heavy duty blinker fluid & leave it at that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the exact same predicament....I noticed that the socket on my assembly had a yellow paint pen line on each side so I naturally jumped the gun and spliced in the resistors on the yellow and lead wires, respectively. It didn't do the trick and I still have hyper flash and (in my opinion) dimly lit ambers....any updates or solutions come through for anyone?

My baby's a 2014 Elantra SE.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all,
1) Use my multi-meter to find the correct wires and splice load resistors directly into the headlamp assembly power cable. (not sure if this will work or not)

2) I read in another forum that the headlights/taillights circuits are connected and if I connect enough resistors in parallel to the rear turn signal wires then the overall circuit will see enough apparent load and fix the hyperflash issue in the front turn signals. (not sure if this is true or not)

3) Doing something similar to what this guy did in his youtube video titled "How to Install led switchbacks in a Hyundai Sonata (Read Description)" by "SouthernCustoms"
Option 2 is probably not going to work because the error in dash says "Front turn signal light out", not "Turn signal light out", indicating that there are two different sensors for rear and front. I have a 2018 Elantra SEL, but I suppose the warnings are same on 2017+ models. So only option is splicing.

Probably nobody wants to splice their brand new car (me neither) and possibly have a heated argument with dealers on how splicing will or will not void warranty, in case something happens.

Another option would be to push something like the attached image through the #1 and #3 pins in the car and attach resistors to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally got my led turn signals working, 1) with resistors 2) without splicing, 3) switchback leds..

:grin2::grin2::grin2:
:wub::wub::wub:
:nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.