Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reversing from my driveway to go to work and the steering wheel locked up. So I put the car in park and turned car off. After a few seconds, I turned the car back on (push start) and it unlocked. I’m terrified to drive my car now because I am so afraid it will happen again while driving on the highway.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had this happen today, mine has 48k miles (also push start) and prior to this I was hearing a crunching sound while turning the wheel of the steering wheel. Today, also I was reversing, the wheel became hard to turn and I noticed the EPS symbol (red steering wheel with '!' symbol) lit up on the dashboard. Only solution was to turn the car off and back on and my steering was back. There seems to be a recall affecting 2017 Hyundai Elantra's manufactured on December 2016. Mine was manufactured on February 2016, but who can deny mine is also affected and simply missed by recall?

Have your car looked at by the dealership and show them this recall, even if your car is not affected because it demonstrates that there is in fact an issue on some models. Check on the bottom of your door for the VIN and you'll find the manufacturer date.

I have a scheduled service for the dealer next week.

Look for "TSB #17-01-032" for the recall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had this happen today, mine has 48k miles (also push start) and prior to this I was hearing a crunching sound while turning the wheel of the steering wheel. Today, also I was reversing, the wheel became hard to turn and I noticed the EPS symbol (red steering wheel with '!' symbol) lit up on the dashboard. Only solution was to turn the car off and back on and my steering was back. There seems to be a recall affecting 2017 Hyundai Elantra's manufactured on December 2016. Mine was manufactured on February 2016, but who can deny mine is also affected and simply missed by recall?

Have your car looked at by the dealership and show them this recall, even if your car is not affected because it demonstrates that there is in fact an issue on some models. Check on the bottom of your door for the VIN and you'll find the manufacturer date.

I have a scheduled service for the dealer next week.

Look for "TSB #17-01-032" for the recall.
My car also does the crunching sound. Especially when driving it after a cold start.
Were you able to get this fixed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car also does the crunching sound. Especially when driving it after a cold start.
Were you able to get this fixed?
I forgot to add that mine was manufactured on February 2016. Do you think the crunching sound is related to the same problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts