Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2017 I bought an Elantra right off the showroom floor.. Have never had any problems with it until the past month..
Every time it is idling, whether at a stop light, in line at a drive thru, or waiting to pick someone up... The car will start shaking as if it is trying to stall... It never actually stalls... None of the indicator lights come on... Can anyone explain to me why this is happening??
Thank you

·
Registered
462 Posts
If its the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT is coming on.. use a OBDII reader and see what potential fault codes are being logged in the the ECU.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2017 Elantra. I took it to the dealer since the power train was still under warranty. They said the engine had the "old style" coil packs. They replaced all four coil packs and the car is running fine now. As stated before, you should plug in a code reader to see if the ECU is throwing any codes. Still under warranty? Get the car to a Hyundai dealer asap.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for your reply... None of the indicator lights come on. I take it for on time, regular oil changes.
Do you check the oil level on a regular basis?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please read what I've written before asking questions.. Every question that has been asked has already been answered in with my statement of the problem... Thank you

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
one of our 2016's had a similar problem. but it was really new. took it to the dealer, they said it had a cracked spark plug, and they changed it. no ce lite, bad idle, and i think it ran rough down low, but it was years ago. it only had a couple hundred miles on it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Please read what I've written before asking questions.. Every question that has been asked has already been answered in with my statement of the problem... Thank you
I assume this comment is directed at me. I did read what you wrote. You stated that you "...take it for on time, regular oil changes." As we all know, in addition to oil changes, it is important to check the oil level, because even if you have changed the oil on time, some cars lose oil, either by burning it, or through internal or external leaks. You did not make any assertion about whether you check the oil level on a regular basis.

Low oil can be a cause of rough running, and knowing that you check the oil and have not found that the oil is low, we can eliminate a lack of lubrication as a cause. So I repeat my question: Have you checked the oil, and if so, what did you find?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts