Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my experience. Posted for others with same/similar problem.

I started my car after work, and the "!" triangle and info message about my right headight not working came on. Verified it wasn't working, and drove home. I installed a spare bulb I saved, and no luck. I swapped the left working bulb with the right, and still no help.

After looking at the connector closely, it looked a liitle overheated on one pin. Compared to the other pin, I could see a "pinching" portion halfway down in the middle of the pin was flat, while in the good pin it was visable. I used a small jewelers screwdriver to attempt to bend that portion back, and a portion of the connector plastic broke off, but that allowed me to bend it from the side, and did'n't affect the serviceablity of the connector. The pin metal is stronger than I expected it to be, but then again, there are 5 amps flowing through it.

Plugged the bulb in, and it is working. Looks like NAPA has a connector (see photo), but I haven't got that far yet. I'm tempted to leave it as is.

Anyhow, hope this helps someone.

Networking cables Font Cable Electronic device Audio equipment

·
Registered
429 Posts
What, type of bulbs are you using? Some aftermarket bulbs, usually the ones advertised to increase the light output (and not known brand name types) may pull too many amps causing overheating and hence damage to the connectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts