Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Elantra Limited. How do I export a copy of my navigation address book? I would like to have a backup copy in case the addresses get deleted during a future nav/map update or anything affecting the car's computer.

I have seen newer Hyundai vehicles with a setup menu option to export the address book, but I was unable to find such an option in my nav system. Do I need an update?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 2017 Elantra Limited. How do I export a copy of my navigation address book? I would like to have a backup copy in case the addresses get deleted during a future nav/map update or anything affecting the car's computer.

I have seen newer Hyundai vehicles with a setup menu option to export the address book, but I was unable to find such an option in my nav system. Do I need an update?
I just updated my maps to ver 13.5 ( it's free ) and the option to import/export address book to/from USB is in the setup-Nav menu. Not sure if that option was there before as I never looked for it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
In Canada, 2018 and up get free map upgrades for 5 years. Don't know what happens in other countries.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Hyundai GPS map updates are free for the first five years in every country except the good old USA. My map is three years old now, but not that much has changed. If an address is not in their database, is in the building next door, close enough.

With road construction and closures, google maps is free with your phone.

Can save all of my favorites with all of my Garmins from even 14 years old and transfer them to newer ones. Garmin calls those locations favorite. Hyundai maps are all google, put that SD card in your computer and read the copyrights. but the addresses have to be added one at a time.

Still getting free map updates from Garmin, but not on my piece of crap Windows 10 box for the old one, but sure works on my Windows XE box.

Windows 98SE will run all my programs, even DOS, only new crap from Microsoft is just as slow and obsoletes all your old programs, how about laying another 6 grand for Autocad with this new crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts