Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been noticing that my 2017 Elantra limited has been having a large delay after shifting out of reverse to turn off the backup camera from the screen. I'll be in drive for 30-60 secs before the backup camera turns off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
How soon after opening the door and starting the engine are you shifting to and from reverse? The radio could still be "booting up" and they tend to behave a little strange when they're still waking up.

That theory goes out the window if it's still happening after you drove for a while and than back up into a space when you reach your destination. If it's still happening then, I'd wonder if there is an adustment due for the "transxale range sensor" that tells the car which gear is selected.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
In my 2017 Limited shifting from D to P have to go through R, if someone is behind me will hear a quick beep, that is how fast my car radio goes into that backup mode and gets out of it. Have no idea why yours is staying on, do have a switch on your shift lever that switches it on, may be misadjusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts