Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled out the existing filter, nasty. Noticed the air flow arrow pointing up. This doesn't seem correct.
Which way does the air flow though the filter?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Reading from previous threads it all depends on the filter and how it’s design but it should be pointing down because you’re getting air from the outside going in. With my cheap cabin air filter there’s no arrow so I just put mine in and didn’t really care much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cut a cardboard piece the size of the filter, put it where the filter goes, turn on the air and see which way it goes, then you'll know the airflow direction.
Arrow on the filter is the airflow direction.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The air is still gong to go through the paper filter even if it's facing the wrong way. The pleats won't stop the air just because it's not in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The air is still gong to go through the paper filter even if it's facing the wrong way. The pleats won't stop the air just because it's not in the right direction.
They mark air flow because that is the direction the filter is designed to take the air pressure. I installed one backwards in an elenata and it was very noisy on high from vibrating. I turned it around and it was quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts