Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a squeaking coming from the back of our Tuscon, and we noticed that the rear spoiler/wind deflector is loose on the right side. When move by hand it squeaks so that might be the culprit. The left side is tight and doesn’t move.

any idea how I can tighten the spoiler? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Open the tailgate and you will see two rubber caps below the spoiler. Remove them and try to tighten the bolts inside.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Funny you mention this, exact same thing on a 2016 Limited owned by a customer of mine. She never complained about it but I noticed during an inspection that the two nuts holding the right side of the spoiler were loose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What’s even funnier is that mine is a Limited as well (brain fart to write Sport in the subject.).

The right side nut was completely gone, which makes me think it’s somewhere in the tailgate now. Found a new one that fit and tightened it up so it’s good now. Checked the left side and nut was loose even though spoiler wasn’t. Seems like I was headed towards the spoiler flying off at some point.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good old auto-ejecting car parts. That's just dynamic downforce and weight distribution for when you thrash the Tucson on a track. Just like worn ball joints and tie rods are for dynamic alignment!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts