Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This is my first post to this forum and I apologize if this subject has been covered already!

I have 2016 Tuscan 2.0L AWD (automatic) and I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

I purchased this vehicle 4 months ago.

I get the worst MPG ever....averaging 13.5 mpg. I have been taking this avg each week for the past 8 weeks. I drive very conservatively, so it is not my driving.

I did notice that the vehicle seems to struggle getting up to speed and when I let off the accelerator it feels like there is a lot of resistance before coming to a stop.

Deal says there is nothing wrong because there is no warning lights present.

Please let me know if you are getting this type of mileage or do you think there is something wrong with my vehicle.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I manage 27-28 miles per gallon with my 1.6 turbo AWD limited, and I am neither (well only what I think, which likely does not equal reality) overly aggressive or conservative in my driving. Examine your driving habits (or have someone else do that for you), and have the vehicle checked out by a reputable, reliable dealer. When examining how we drive, we ourselves are the worst possible person to turn to for an opinion.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc.
Are you sure you wrote in the correct term. 13.5 mpg ??. In Canada the on board computer is at L/100km.
Something is wrong with a 2.oL engine running at 13.5 mpg.= 5,4km per litre.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc.
Are you sure you wrote in the correct term. 13.5 mpg ??. In Canada the on board computer is at L/100km.
Something is wrong with a 2.oL engine running at 13.5 mpg.= 5,4km per litre.
True that 13.5mpg=5.4Km per litre, but the computer would reference it as 17.4l/100Km wouldn't it?

I wonder if the OP meant 13.5l/100Km?:nerd:
(Mod - maybe that's what you were getting at)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Yes, my 2.4L awd is running 13.5/100km summer city, hwy @9 such as Toronto to Niagara, or to Ottawa.
It is on high side comparing to any 2.4L. My Subura XV 2.0L summer city @7 or 8, CRV 2.0L or Prelude 2.3L @9
Tucson Winter city is 15+L
I heard the new model 2016up has much better fuel economy.
I don't mind the fuel because I drive little spreading out in 4 cars

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you think the on board computer is not responding to the correct information from your sensors you can reset it! To wipe the information in the memory;= disconnect the Battery terminals from the battery. Leave them off for at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour. In the mean time turn: the key on, lights on, radio on, depress the brake, a/c on, fan, ... You are doing this to drain the electrical stored info from the computer memory. Place those items back to the off position. Reconnect the battery terminals positive first; then negative. Start it up then go for a ride for at least 1/2 hour. You are then reestablishing input sensor information to the computer. Don't overfill the gas tank. The engine needs to be able to draw the vapors from the canister and burn them. I like to fill the tank to the top neck just like I do with my motorcycle. I am having emissions problems now from that practice. So learn from my mistakes. I drive a Tucson 05 with 151,000 miles & get about 21mpg on the highway. Good troubleshooting with your issue!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts