Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Hyundai Tucson in Blue. There are a couple things I am wanting to do to it, but there aren't much aftermarket exterior items yet. For example: Bodykits, Spoilers, etc. I have a few ideas and wondering if people know or have done these to theirs at all.

1.) Looking to either get a carbon fiber/black hood or do some sort of Vinyl wrap to my current hood to look black or carbon fiber in color. How would Vinyl Wrap hold up to weather/scratching and heat of engine if went that route? Also possibly thought to carry that color on only to the top of roof along with hood and keep everything else blue. Then would get a new black front grill.

2.) Does anyone know of any aftermarket spoilers that would look good on it? Or how would the fitment be and is it even possible to use an aftermarket spoiler geared towards a Hyundai Veloster. They look to have similar backs and wasn't sure if it would work. Would a bigger spoiler look dumb on it or look kinda cool like on the Veloster?

Thanks and hope to hear peoples feedback or any possible leads. I'll try to post some pics of ideas I'm trying to accomplish on the Tucson.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I currently own a 2016 Tucson and have had the Zest body kit fitted and I am looking at getting this spoiler for my car. It is made specifically for the Tucson. I'll probably get it painted to match the rest of my car. Not so sure on the vinyl wrap question, but should be ok as so many cars get wrapped nowadays.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply back. I did see that one when I did a search on eBay. Here are a couple links to Spoilers I was hoping will fit, but most likely they won't fit. Also, Here's a picture of a Veloster that is same color as my Tucson with the darker hood I was talking about. Do you guys think that would look good?

MYRIDE Rear GT Wing Spoiler Ver.2 UNPAINTED for Hyundai Veloster Turbo 2013-2017 | eBay

and

Aero Parts Rear Wing Spoiler Unpainted for HYUNDAI 2013-2016 2017 Veloster Turbo | eBay

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the reply back. I did see that one when I did a search on eBay. Here are a couple links to Spoilers I was hoping will fit, but most likely they won't fit. Also, Here's a picture of a Veloster that is same color as my Tucson with the darker hood I was talking about. Do you guys think that would look good?

MYRIDE Rear GT Wing Spoiler Ver.2 UNPAINTED for Hyundai Veloster Turbo 2013-2017 | eBay

and

Aero Parts Rear Wing Spoiler Unpainted for HYUNDAI 2013-2016 2017 Veloster Turbo | eBay
I just did a quick measure of my Veloster and it seems to be the same width as Tucson, so I think both spoilers will fit and look pretty decent. The only thing to mention would be that the stock spoilers are completely different and the lip on the Veloster is smaller than the Tucson so attaching it may cause some issues.

Tucson Stock Spoiler.jpg
Veloster Stock Spoiler.jpg

In regards to the color scheme, I don't think it looks bad, just not my cup of tea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently own a 2016 Tucson and have had the Zest body kit fitted and I am looking at getting this spoiler for my car. It is made specifically for the Tucson. I'll probably get it painted to match the rest of my car. Not so sure on the vinyl wrap question, but should be ok as so many cars get wrapped nowadays.

Whenever you end up getting that spoiler and have it installed...Post a picture of it so I can see how it looks. May look into it too. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're good to go on the Vinyl wrap, tried and true.

3M is usually suggested and used by major shops. I found Vvivid to be best for when more stretching is necessary like my front grille, I used 3M on that and it's not pliable enough for stuff like that imo.
All on my other car, the Tucson is not getting much for mods from me. Maybe vinyl wrap some interior parts someday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I don't think I'm going to do the all dark hood but leaning towards doing a decal or something. Just want to try to make it a little different from other Tucson's on the road. My Tucson is the Caribbean Blue color with the Silver/Black Trim on the outside. What do people think it would look like with a single Silver Stripe (without any writing) up on hood either to the drivers side or passenger side? Also if it would look better continuing it up on the roof and down the back bumper. Any thoughts? Also, open to anyone's ideas too that may help. Here are a couple pics:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or something like this on Tucson. Would it look bad or better with Stripe above?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not usually a decal man, but don't mind the single stripe option. I think the last couple of photos are more suited to sportier looking cars (even though the last one seems to be a Santa Fe lol)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts