Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the changes/additions I’ve made to my 2016 Tucson, Limited, Ultamate Package: Replaced stock muffler with a Flowmaster 40 Series, Delta Flow, dual outlet muffler. I also removed the resonator. However, I retained the original dual exhaust tips. Painted the grill crossmembers flat black. Added dark silver 3M vinyl FIA, Hash Mark Stripes, like those used in the early 1960’s on Shelby Racing, AC Cobras. Added door handle covers painted to match the stripe color.
Added a silver ABS dash panel, trim piece, which matches the trim pieces on the center and side vents. Added “Turbo” metal badges to the grill and rear of the vehicle. I have to say, the new exhaust has improved both the sound and performance of my Tucson. And I get some flack from MoPar folks that don’t know the history behind the hash mark stripes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Here are the changes/additions I’ve made to my 2016 Tucson, Limited, Ultamate Package: Replaced stock muffler with a Flowmaster 40 Series, Delta Flow, dual outlet muffler. I also removed the resonator. However, I retained the original dual exhaust tips. Painted the grill crossmembers flat black. Added dark silver 3M vinyl FIA, Hash Mark Stripes, like those used in the early 1960’s on Shelby Racing, AC Cobras. Added door handle covers painted to match the stripe color.
Added a silver ABS dash panel, trim piece, which matches the trim pieces on the center and side vents. Added “Turbo” metal badges to the grill and rear of the vehicle. I have to say, the new exhaust has improved both the sound and performance of my Tucson. And I get some flack from MoPar folks that don’t know the history behind the hash mark stripes.
Sharp looking

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More Pics

Here are a few more pictures of my Tucson.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does the exhaust do anything?

Any real info on that kit?

Also, are there any website that sell performance parts exclusively for the Tuscon? There is a ton of stuff for the Veloster, but I cant find anything for this turd

·
Registered
28 Posts
Car looks awesome! Can you elaborate on how you "Painted the grill crossmembers flat black". Did you do it yourself or have it done professionally? Cost?
Also - can you give more details on the "door handle covers painted to match". Where did you get the covers? Cost for covers? Cost to paint?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does the exhaust do anything?

Any real info on that kit?

Also, are there any website that sell performance parts exclusively for the Tuscon? There is a ton of stuff for the Veloster, but I cant find anything for this turd
On my Tucson I gutted the second cat and replaced the muffler with a Flowmaster as well. I can honestly say it made the largest improvement in the performance.
There are no websites that I can find selling products dedicated to the Tucson. There are some vendors on Ebay based out of Korea selling parts. Shark racing has some stuff, and some of the Veloster parts on damfastdd.com will fit our 1.6 since it is essentially the same. The tork tube for example from the Veloster works just fine on my Tucson.
Koreanautoimports.com has some lowering springs and other stuff as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
are there any underbody strengthening bars that fit the Tuscon?

Any known Veloster upgrades that will work? like that transmission mount thing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the grill, I masked the chrome areas and painted the cross members with a good quality, satin black paint. It took quite a while to get all the masking in place, but I think the outcome was worth the effort. If you decide to paint your’s, be sure to clean the surfaces thoroughly and follow up with a final cleaning using Isopropyl Alcohol. So far, the painted surfaces have held up well. The photos I attached to the second post, give a good view how I had the Flowmaster muffler installed. I basically studied all of the available mufflers, using their websites and sample sound recordings to make my decision. I removed the resonator (about two feet to the rear of the catalytic converter), and installed new exhaust pipe back to the new muffler. The original twin tips were welded to the outlets on the new muffler. The sound is great! I’ve used Flowmaster products since the ‘60s, and always been happy with the sounds they produce. The Series 40 Delta Flow is a little on the loud side, so you might keeep the removed resonator, just in case it’s too loud for you. The muffler produces a very nice low end bass note at idle and up to around 3,000 rpm. Above that, it begins to sound like and Indy Car! The door handle covers are from Shark Racing as are the Orange lug nut covers on the wheels. I also installed a satin silver, trim piece (matching trim on the dash vents and center display) to the instrument cluster. It’s very inexpensive too. Right now, I’m trying to find out what Hyundai did to the 1.6 turbo in the new Elantra Sport 1.6 T to give it 201 hp, that’s 26 more than in the other 1.6 engines. It might be as simple as “remapping” the computer or as complicated as upping the boost or other engine changes. Either way, I’d sure like to have those additional 26 horses!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shark has a lot of cool stuff, but holy crap that body kit is expensive. it said $90 for unpainted, but then its selling for like $350

·
Registered
257 Posts
On my Tucson I gutted the second cat and replaced the muffler with a Flowmaster as well. I can honestly say it made the largest improvement in the performance.
There are no websites that I can find selling products dedicated to the Tucson. There are some vendors on Ebay based out of Korea selling parts. Shark racing has some stuff, and some of the Veloster parts on damfastdd.com will fit our 1.6 since it is essentially the same. The tork tube for example from the Veloster works just fine on my Tucson.
Koreanautoimports.com has some lowering springs and other stuff as well.
hey you used the res del turbo hot pipe that tork motorsports uses on they're veloster turbo?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
did anyone leave the bov hose out and cap off the intake for that port to halt hot unregulated air entering the intake to your motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the grill, I masked the chrome areas and painted the cross members with a good quality, satin black paint. It took quite a while to get all the masking in place, but I think the outcome was worth the effort. If you decide to paint your’s, be sure to clean the surfaces thoroughly and follow up with a final cleaning using Isopropyl Alcohol. So far, the painted surfaces have held up well. The photos I attached to the second post, give a good view how I had the Flowmaster muffler installed. I basically studied all of the available mufflers, using their websites and sample sound recordings to make my decision. I removed the resonator (about two feet to the rear of the catalytic converter), and installed new exhaust pipe back to the new muffler. The original twin tips were welded to the outlets on the new muffler. The sound is great! I’ve used Flowmaster products since the ‘60s, and always been happy with the sounds they produce. The Series 40 Delta Flow is a little on the loud side, so you might keeep the removed resonator, just in case it’s too loud for you. The muffler produces a very nice low end bass note at idle and up to around 3,000 rpm. Above that, it begins to sound like and Indy Car! The door handle covers are from Shark Racing as are the Orange lug nut covers on the wheels. I also installed a satin silver, trim piece (matching trim on the dash vents and center display) to the instrument cluster. It’s very inexpensive too. Right now, I’m trying to find out what Hyundai did to the 1.6 turbo in the new Elantra Sport 1.6 T to give it 201 hp, that’s 26 more than in the other 1.6 engines. It might be as simple as “remapping” the computer or as complicated as upping the boost or other engine changes. Either way, I’d sure like to have those additional 26 horses!
any chance of getting a sound clip of the exhaust? also a part number for the muffler you used?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, I don’t have the part number, but you can find it on their web site (I just can’t remember the inlet and outlet pipe sizes). The Muffler I used is a Flowmaster, 40 Series, Delta Flow. It has a single inlet and dual outlets. I wish I had a sound clip, because it has a sound that does not resemble anything I’ve ever heard on a four cylinder motor. It’s a deep, powerful sound, not the raspy or the rice burner sound usually associated with 4 bangers! Only issue so far, is that it attracts people that want to race; usually driving something with double or triple the horse power! I guess because it sounds powerful, they think it’s some kind of “sleeper” and that I actually have some over-the-top race motor in it! If you go this route, you won’t regret it...it’s just that good!

·
Registered
257 Posts
no more hot air in my intake :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
plastidip ftw took me 45 mins

Reactions: DKNY2LA

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes I have that resonator delete on my Tucson. It was hard to tell if it made a difference or not, but for $19 why not try? You can see it in this photo here (not what I am pointing at).

Attachments

Reactions: TooGqForYou
1 - 18 of 18 Posts