Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my grille on my 2016 Tucson. I've seen people say that the bumper needs to be removed first. Is there any pictures or videos showing the steps involved of taking off the front bumper and removing the grille.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
I don't believe you need to remove the bumper cover to remove the grille.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't believe you need to remove the bumper cover to remove the grille.
There are at least 9 to 12 screws and several plastic clips behind the bumper cover holding in the grille. Please share your knowledge of removing the grille without first removing the bumper cover.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
There are at least 9 to 12 screws and several plastic clips behind the bumper cover holding in the grille. Please share your knowledge of removing the grille without first removing the bumper cover.
I've done several from other manufacturers and never had one that required bumper cover removal. I'm not surprised. It's a very convoluted way to engineer it but engineers don't work on what they design. They should be made to work on them for a year before being allowed to design them.
My father bought one of the first GM diesel cars when they first came out. I think early 80's Park Avenue (don't quote me on that). I told him not to get one that has not been out for at least 4 or 5 years but he did. I worked for a local Chevy dealership and one day my dad calls and said, 'I need a new starter and the Buick dealer wants $800 to do the job. To replace the starter motor required engine removal.

This doesn't seem so convoluted now that I reflect on that bonehead piece of engineering.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've done several from other manufacturers and never had one that required bumper cover removal.
However, the official Hyundai tech instructions do require the removal of the bumper, so it would be quite silly for Hyundai to tell their technicians to remove the bumper cover if it wasn't needed.

Since some of us have removed the grills in our Hyundai's we know how Hyundai has done this, versus 'several other manufacturers'.

I'd certainly like to remove the grill without removing the cover.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
I'd certainly like to remove the grill without removing the cover.
I think most people and techs as well would. Like I said....engineers don't have to fix what they design...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts