Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

If somebody could help me out does our model tucson with ABS have rewind piston in the caliper or is it just the normal one the goes back in directly when pressure is applied.

Am about to change my brake pads.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would imagine if you’re speaking about the fronts then yes, they just push back in. The rears might be like most cars with disc brakes in that you’ll need a tool to turn them back in because of the e-brake attached.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine if you’re speaking about the fronts then yes, they just push back in. The rears might be like most cars with disc brakes in that you’ll need a tool to turn them back in because of the e-brake attached.
Hi Tony

Thanks for the reply. Did you mean electronic Parking Brake?

If yes then i do not have that. Mine is the manual parking brake

·
Registered
936 Posts
We only get the manual parking brake here in the US. If Hyundai uses the same manual parking brake setup over there, then you DO NOT need to turn the rear pistons back in. It uses a similar design as some Ford trucks where it uses small brake shoes inside the rotor assembly for parking brake applications. For the regular rear brakes, it uses a traditional “push in” caliper setup. Are you already needing rear brakes?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We only get the manual parking brake here in the US. If Hyundai uses the same manual parking brake setup over there, then you DO NOT need to turn the rear pistons back in. It uses a similar design as some Ford trucks where it uses small brake shoes inside the rotor assembly for parking brake applications. For the regular rear brakes, it uses a traditional “push in” caliper setup. Are you already needing rear brakes?
Thanks bud!

Yes am on 55k kms now and the service guys just asked me change them. But when i look at them i dont think its done much, but the braking distance have increased.

The dealer service guys is charging me USD 115 for front and USD 92 for the rear and changing labour charge USD 40 / front n rear.
They also charge USD 180 for skmming the routers.

So i thought i will do it myself.

Bought Bosch BC115 for the rear for $33 and Wagner QC1847 $43 for the rear. Both are ceramic pads. Both from ebay $60 for the shipping. Still lesser and better pads. I would do the fitting this week end. The sellers confirmed that it would fit but still dont wheather it would really fit.

Anyways thanks for the help Tony.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done with the front brakes Wagne QC1847. The brakes are really good. Also painted the caliper. Wil do the rear tonight.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys

The Bosh BC115 did not fit its shoter in length. Ordered Wagner QC1848for the rear again. Fits perfectly. Now i have Wagner QC 1847 for the front and QC1848 for the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts