Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice: planing to trade in our 2016 ultimate for the same but 2018 model. There is a finance leftover around $17K. How to calculate a new payment if will go forward with the deal?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Car dealers LOVE buyers like you. You absorb all the early depreciation , they get an easy sale. Same car, 2 years newer - what do you gain?

To each his own, but I would never buy cars this way.

·
Registered
936 Posts
There's got to be a reason why. Is your 2016 giving you issues you can't deal with anymore? It looks like you'll be upside down in your trade if you decide to carry through.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looking for advice: planing to trade in our 2016 ultimate for the same but 2018 model. There is a finance leftover around $17K. How to calculate a new payment if will go forward with the deal?
W/E you owe on the car - w/e they offer= extra or negative you carry over to the new loan. Owing 17k you will probably carry over a little into the new loan but we are talking CDN and not sure the trade-in values.

You may be better served to sell locally vs trade-in. You understand your finances and situation better than forum trolls; its what ever makes sense for your situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's got to be a reason why. Is your 2016 giving you issues you can't deal with anymore? It looks like you'll be upside down in your trade if you decide to carry through.
I'll agree with no reason to trade-in for a 2018. Is there really even anything different about the 2018 Ultimate vs the 2016? I could maybe see trading in for a 2019 if you want the new features and don't like the DCT but not a 2018.

Being upside down, maybe not. At least in the northeast US trade-in values are fairly high. I looked up trade in for my 2017 SE AWD on several online calculators and got a range of $16,000-$19,000. Getting $17,000+ for an Ultimate wouldn't be a problem around here unless it's in bad shape, or dealers don't want the turbo trims.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good inputs guys! That wouldn't be a good move at all! Still love our tucson.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.