Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally got my car back today. It seems to be working fine. The failure occurred on August 27 and the car was towed to the nearest dealership. They looked at it the next day and found error codes P1BA7 and P1B77. A day later, Hyundai Tech Support recommended they replace both high voltage batteries. It took 30 days for the batteries to be delivered to the dealership from South Korea. The parts arrived yesterday and were installed this morning along with performing recall campaign T1X (Fuel Filler Neck). The total price to the dealer was $10534, all covered under warranty.

The car is charging in my garage now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be smooth sailing from here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check Hybrid System light 2016 Sonata PHEV Limited

My 2016 PHEV Sonota has a check engine light on and has been at the dealership in El Monte, CA since 6/25. They have no clue on the issue but they have changed out the driver cluster and now they are thinking to change out the High voltage Inverter. I am at the limits of my patience at this point and thinking this maybe a lemon situation since my car has been in operable for more than 30 days straight.
Hope they resolved your issue. I'm in SoCal. Mine have the same issue. Keep pulling code P1744. They replaced the transmission, Inverter, ECM, and bunch of other stuff. My car's been in the dealership more than in my garage. Right now they're saying it's a wire harness. Keeping my fingers crossed. Dealership has been very nice and helpful with this issue. Obviously this is not a random issue as I see several posts with this same problem. That's why I started looking around.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Life has been a breeze since my lawyer worked out a deal to have Hyundai buy back my 2016 Sonata Limited PHEV. I now drive a 2018 Accord which is getting higher than EPA mpg. I have a huge trunk, and even HUD. I have all of the safety items from my PHEV, plus the auto stop (offered in 2017 PHEV.) Mine had trouble charging the batteries at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts