Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Symptoms: When I try to turn on the driver side heated or ventilated seat, the light on the switch will initially light for about a second and then go off. If I try pressing it again, the light does not turn on at all. If I turn the vehicle off and back on the process will begin again (i.e. the switch will light briefly and then go dark).

The passenger side seat works fine, both heat and ventilation.

Based on research I have done, both seats seem to be powered by a single fuse, so since the passenger seat works fine I assume there is no problem with a fuse / power.

I looked online at some forums and saw a suggestion that the controller module may have gone bad for the driver side seat, and they suggested swapping the modules between the front seats to see if the problem moves.

I tried to do that, but I couldn't find any sort of control module under the driver side seat. The only thing I found there is P/N 95450-C1000 which seems to be related to the power seat memory.

When I looked under the passenger side seat, I found what I believe to be the controller module for both seats. It is labeled LFA DUAL HT/VT ECU with P/N 88197-C2040. I assume that standard for dual heat/ventilation ECU, so I am guessing that is the module that controls both the heaters and ventilation fans for both front seats. The problem is when I type that P/N into google, it seems to only return things related to the ventilation fans, nothing related to heated seats.

This module has 3 connectors. Two look the same and 1 looks different. I assume the two that look the same are what connect the module to the 2 front seats and the other connector is a power/control connection.

I'm thinking I might be able to swap the two identical connections to see if the problem moves from the driver seat to the passenger seat, but I am a little hesitant to do that without knowing exactly what I'm looking at.

I have an extended warranty on the vehicle, but my local dealer is very backed up and wants me to leave the vehicle with them for several days for diagnosis. That is problematic for me because I need to get back and forth to work, so I'm trying to see if I can figure out what the problem is on my own, in hopes that will lessen the amount of time I need to go without a vehicle.

Anyone have suggestions on next steps?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

I am not positive, but you might be able to pull codes either by lamp flash, or go in with Hyundai tablet

Just from title, sound like your 5/60 is history

1 - 6 of 6 Posts