Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the directional light on my 2016 Sonata hybrid limited. These have the HID lights in front. I got out the rear directional bulbs. I can't find out how to get to the front directional lights. I can see them, just don't see how to pop them out and replace them. Only 54K on it, but figure I should do them all being 5 years old.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I guess directional light means turn signal?
If no more space from engine bay check if you have a small maintenance door on wheel fender. It's a little bit tight but with enough patience it can be taken out.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Again. 2016 Hyundai Hybrid Limited with factory HID system. Totally different from the regular Sonata or hybrid Sonata. Even the back is different. LED brake lights but halogen directional. The back-up lights are even in a different location. The rear directional bulbs are easy to access. Looking to find out how to remove the front directional bulbs.

FYI, my 2016 limited has some "internet share system", and came with a 4G modem ! So as of Dec 2021 my remote start will continue to work.
There is going to be some very shocked car owners with 2016 or later cars when 3G sunsets and the "car emergency" systems don't call 911.
This also means all their 2016 and earlier cars won't be paying $80 or so a year for remote start/information systems to their respective car companies.
Every cell tower around us has cranes adding 5G antennas the past few months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts