Hyundai Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
This repair seems to be pretty typical and a fairly high failure rate it seems. Glad to see these posts and information so I can be aware "when the time comes".

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Sonata Hybrid. I had the issue for a week. I drive about 140 miles daily. I get the check hybrid error after a long drive of about 70 miles. I'm at work for about 7 hours and the car starts right up with no issues. Yesterday it would not turn on all day, even after waiting a whole day. Towed it to Hyundai today and the service representative said he has never seen this issue. They said they will call me tomorrow with an update. 77k miles. I hope the warranty covers it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sounds like it could be the usual relay and associated electronics issue. Please share the codes and results. I'm guess that if you're the original owner (or CPO) you'll be covered up to 10/100.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the exact same problem reported in the post at the top of this discussion on my 2017 Sonata Hybrid - Car won't start after a long drive and gives a Hybrid System error. Let it rest 10-20 minutes, then it starts. Dealer said there is a Technical Advisory (TA) on this that tells them to replace the Power Relay Assembly (PRA), which is what they are doing now. Seems from other posts that is what solved the problem. If you have this problem, be sure to tell your service advisor about this discussion trail, the TA, and that the PRA needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also live in Quito and just now the same problem started in my car, thanks to this forum i have a better idea of what to do. Could you tell me what dealership you took your car to? perhaps they know better how to proceed. thanks for your post it really helped me.
Llévenlo a HYBRID GARAGE, redondel del Labrador en Quito

141 - 147 of 147 Posts