Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving on the highway in early August, the check HEV system warning light came on, then check engine and other warning lights as well.. As I tried to get off the road I started losing engine power and the AC shut off. The hybrid battery charge appeared to be over 3/4; I had never seen it that high. Had the vehicle towed to the dealership; they were unable to duplicate the problem after driving the car for 150 miles. The only diagnostic indicator showed that at some point in time the hybrid battery had overheated -- codes P0A7E and P1B97 are on my invoice. Since the dealership was unable to repeat the problem, they released the car back to me. Both the dealership and Hyundai refuse to do anything further, such as replace the hybrid battery system or the cooling fans, although the car has 58,000 miles on it and is still under warranty. I don't know if, unlike other folks with similar problems, the car would have started if I had just waited long enough. But honestly I don't want to find out and I no longer feel confident in driving the car. Any advice from others on getting Hyundai's attention and finding a solution? I really like the car and have not had any problems with it until this happened. Thanks!

·
Registered
404 Posts
The good news is that you brought it in and have it documented and with the codes. Ya, that is super frustrating! When is the next occurrence going to be? Like you said, it may have restarted after some amount of time (which is good in case you're not able to get it towed or to a shop readily). Two more times and you can get them to buy it back I guess... Hopefully someone else has a solution. It could be as simple as some switches and relays, not a battery or electric motor issue.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Did you know that the air inlet vents for battery cooling are under the back seat? Look at the vertical part of the seat. If you had stuff piled on the rear floor you could have blocked the vents. Or a rear seat passenger could have put their monstrous purse in front of the vent...

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
That may be a contributing factor. With many of these batteries being damaged from heat the manufacturers maybe trying to play it safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts