Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
The track select on my left steering wheel control no longer works in the "UP" position, so I now need to replace it. I did find an OEM replacement online but I am curious to know if anyone knows how to disassemble the steering wheel to replace it? I cannot seem to find anything online that is of use.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Why not let the warranty fix it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not let the warranty fix it?
Thank you for your response, I am not entirely sure there is warranty remaining, I am looking into that as well, just trying to look up every avenue in the event I do have to replace it myself.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Thank you for your response, I am not entirely sure there is warranty remaining, I am looking into that as well, just trying to look up every avenue in the event I do have to replace it myself.

5 years/60K miles bumper to bumper in the US.

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is my worst fear, as my old SUV that i traded in for my Tuscon had the same issue and once that sort of stuff starts going i usually become pretty weary of the vehicle electrical system in general

hopefully mine stays resilient im only at 23k miles so far

·
Registered
670 Posts
This video is for a 2011 Sonata but the way to take off the airbag/horn is similar for our Tucson. Press 3 pins (1 on each side and 1 underneath) the airbag/horn should pop off. Then you can replace the broken switch. He recommends removing the negative cable on the battery so as there is no chance the airbag deploys accidentally.
Just watch the first 2 1/2 minutes and you'll see how it's done.

https://youtu.be/n3_Jwo77pBc

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hello All!
The track select on my left steering wheel control no longer works in the "UP" position, so I now need to replace it. I did find an OEM replacement online but I am curious to know if anyone knows how to disassemble the steering wheel to replace it? I cannot seem to find anything online that is of use.

Thank you :)

I would make sure you know what you are doing before tearing into the steering wheel. If you trip the airbag it can kill you.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Warranty it.... then if you have a problem with the other side.. they won't say you were messing with it. They fixed my rear door latch on my wife's 2014 SFS a few months ago, now going back for a dead backup cameras. Only 44K on it.

Now this is my 5th car from them and we're looking for a 8 passenger as a grand kid is coming. But it's under warranty unless you already have 50K on it.

And yes... that air bad is a real danger. Plus if you get it back together and have your air bag light come on.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts