Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, especially with all the available features they were talking about. The optima and sonata have been sister cars for a few years though, from what I've seen online. The interior looks ALOT like the sonata. Looks good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Also, since the engines will be the same, hopefully this will open up the aftermarket parts market a bit more too.. There really isn't much in the aftermarket arena for the 2.4L engine so far.. It's actually pretty disappointing..

Reactions: Karaoke Kop

·
Registered
932 Posts
There are a few interesting tech items listed that I wonder if Hyundai will bring to their own 2016 models. The two that caught my eye were the 360 degree view monitor and the autonomous braking. The 360 degree view is cool, but I'm not sure how much it really adds. But autonomous braking is really important to me.

The other question is how these options will be offered. For the Sonata to get smart cruise you need to get the Limited. If Kia offers these features on a lower trim level, they might get my money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I assumed the new Optima would look nicer than the new Sonata - as the current Optima looks nicer than the YF Sonata. I was wrong. Feeling good with my Sonata.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Looks pretty interesting, especially with all the available features they were talking about. The optima and sonata have been sister cars for a few years though, from what I've seen online. The interior looks ALOT like the sonata. Looks good.
Actually, the LF Sonata's interior looks copied from the current Optima model. The 2016 Optima interior merely seems to be updating from their current model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts