Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Hyundai Sonata plug-in limited started off life with the advertised 27 mile EV range estimate with a full charge. Within five months that number disappeared forever with a new 25-mile range. This rang was constant for more than two and a half years. In the last few weeks, I have seen my estimated range drop to 24 miles to 23 miles. I don't think is cold-related as I never saw the estimated range drop during winter before. Obesely your rang can be affected by large changes in tempter. Has anyone else seen this type of range reduction? My car has just pasted over the 52000 miles mark.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The car is suppose to have 27 miles of range when both the heater and AC are off, and 25 miles of range when either is on.
Like you, so far for me the range has been independent of the outside temperature.

So far I haven't loss any range on my 2016, but I only have about 14,000 miles on the car. I suspect it's coming.

Unless there is an immediate drop in range after charging, the range loss is probably due to aging. I don't know what amount of loss will trigger a warranty replacement, but I suspect it will take a 20 to 30 percent loss.

If or when the range drops 20%, I would push for a new battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My daily round trip takes about 22 Miles and sometimes I will top off my charge using a destination charger. I do believe I have about 1200 or more full discharge/recharge cycles along with the 52603 miles total. I understand the current battery tech. will result in eventual EV battery degradation. Obesely if my EV range falls much lower, I will be forced to use the ICE on a daily bases.
Hyundai’s lifetime battery replacement warranty, douse give you peace of mind but I have seen no EV battery degradation % or usable rang loss listed as part of the Hyundai’s lifetime battery replacement warranty?
Thank for your reply

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2016 Sonata PHEV has 48,000 miles on it and I am still able to charge up to 27 miles without issue. The range shows at 25 when the heat/AC is on. I have noticed in really cold weather that I can only charge to 26 and it will stop at 99%.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My 2016 Sonata PHEV has 48,000 miles on it and I am still able to charge up to 27 miles without issue. The range shows at 25 when the heat/AC is on. I have noticed in really cold weather that I can only charge to 26 and it will stop at 99%.
How much of that did you drive EV?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts