Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know the factory spark plug Gap for this car? The owner's manual is very vague and only says iridium coated plugs are needed.

I managed to find some Champion spark plugs :sick: and have installed them to .031" gap, but I would like to know the official Hyundai spec. One of the NGK plugs that I've removed had a .025" gap!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know the factory spark plug Gap for this car? The owner's manual is very vague and only says iridium coated plugs are needed.

I managed to find some Champion spark plugs :sick: and have installed them to .031" gap, but I would like to know the official Hyundai spec. One of the NGK plugs that I've removed had a .025" gap!

Wow, you must really be putting on the miles to be changing spark plugs on a 2016 model. Aren't the factory ones good for 100k + miles?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's only got 84k miles on it, but since I'm doing city miles I figured it's better to replace them a bit sooner than later.

They actually looked pretty good with all of them having a .031" gap except for one of them. I kept them just in case the Champion plugs decide to go bad on me. Now onto changing out the transmission fluid!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just a word of caution. Definitely hold onto those original plugs since there are many forum threads on the HF site with tales of bad results using any brand/type of plug other than the OEM Iridium factory plugs in these later model year vehicles.

·
Registered
238 Posts
2012 Sonata Hybrid: Denso Long Life Iridium coated, exactly like the original ones, and no problem. Don't cheap out on the plugs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2012 Sonata Hybrid: Denso Long Life Iridium coated, exactly like the original ones, and no problem. Don't cheap out on the plugs.
Noted, however the only aftermarket plugs available were the Champion plugs. They're easy enough to change back if they start giving me problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts