Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just bought a used 2016 HSH limited and when using the cruise control I can set the speed and that works fine. However, when I step on the brake and then press up to resume my previous set cruise speed, it sets the current speed that I'm going at instead. For example, if I have it set to 65mph and I press the brake, slow down to 55mph and then I press resume, it will set it to 55mph and not go any higher unless I either accelerate myself or press up on the resume switch to move up 1mph.

Is this normal behavior? My previous car was an '03 Santa Fe and a '16 Kia Sorento. Both resume the previous set speed when pressing res button.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are you doing a very quick press up and release of the "resume" button? I have the same 2016 HSH Limited and the "resume" button should return it to the prior set speed just as your previous Hyundai's did. This is how the owners manual says it should work:

Are you in SCC (smart cruise control) mode or CC mode?

Assuming you are using the SCC, look at the SCC set speed in the display panel in front of steering wheel. It should show the 65mph set speed once you have locked that in. After pressing the brake to disengage the SCC, does it reset the 65mph or is it still showing? This is the display I am referring to from the owners manual albeit this example shows set speed of 55mph and not your example of 65mph:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have smart cruise control unfortunately. I am quickly flicking the cruise control switch to the res position. When I do so, it doesn't go back to the set speed but it goes into the current speed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So you must have the Limited edition without the Ultimate Package?

·
Registered
286 Posts
If your CC is not working the way the owners manual states it should work, then a dealer visit is in order. Your 2016 is still under factory warranty? Was it a CPO purchase?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am the second owner. Would the warranty still apply?
This is the way the 2nd owner of a Hyundai's warranty works:

If you decide to sell your vehicle before the Hyundai warranty expires, the bumper-to-bumper warranty and other coverage terms are transferred to the new owner. However, there is one exception. The 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty is reduced to 5 years/60,000 miles for the second owner.

If your car's mileage is under 60k, you should still have the full bumper to bumper warranty in place. As a 2nd owner, you lose the 10 year / 100k mileage powertrain warranty. Full details at: Hyundai Assurance - America's Best Warranty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I "fixed" it! Unlike the other cruise control systems that I'm used to, this one requires the gas pedal to not be depressed when resuming.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like I "fixed" it! Unlike the other cruise control systems that I'm used to, this one requires the gas pedal to not be depressed when resuming.
Hmmmm, that is really odd. I have owned about 20 vehicles among 5 or 6 manufacturers in my 45 years of driving and I have never heard of depressing the gas pedal to help resume cruise control. What vehicle had that ??? :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmmm, that is really odd. I have owned about 20 vehicles among 5 or 6 manufacturers in my 45 years of driving and I have never heard of depressing the gas pedal to help resume cruise control. What vehicle had that ??? :unsure:
@boom10ful said it only resumes if you DON'T have the gas pedal pressed - which is very odd...

·
Registered
286 Posts
@boom10ful said it only resumes if you DON'T have the gas pedal pressed - which is very odd...
Yes, i realize that. My question to him was what former vehicle did he drive that required you to depress the gas pedal before you could resume cruise control.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So I ask boom10ful again, what former vehicles of yours had this "feature"? I have never heard of that in 45 years of driving and being active on various mfr car forum websites. I did a Google search for "resuming cruise control by pressing gas pedal" and had no matches.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When my wife would quickly flip the resume button, ours would reset at the lower speed also. If we pressed it slower it would work correctly, almost as though a quick press and release would allow the switch to pass over the center position and hit set instead. Ours also has a problem of not wanting to resume but to keep accelerating sometimes as much as 25MPH above the previously set speed before I tap the brake and do a reset. Haven't tried to see if it will equalize by itself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts