Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my Sonata has 126780kms I normally change oil every 5000K. My sonata is giving my an error code P0010? The error code lits something about sludge in engine and crank shaft timing circuit issue? The idle is high about 1250rpm and e low end power /Torque suffering horribly! If I run it in “sport mode” it winds up properly from about 3000rpm!
This care went through 4 litres of oil since last oil change!!! No visible exhaust smoke and no visible leak on driveway????
I need help solving this issue! I am afraid if I go to dealer they will ad on a “COVID FEE” and take me to the cleaners!!! I am hoping I can fix myself as am mechanically inclined. Changed oil yesterday!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sounds like another blown Theta 2 engine.
Isn't the car still under warranty?
Won't the dealer tell you up front what if any charges?
I'm not a Canada expert.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like another blown Theta 2 engine.
Isn't the car still under warranty?
Won't the dealer tell you up front what if any charges?
I'm not a Canada expert.
Thanks for your comments! I will contact dealership tomorrow! I did receive a letter advising that our car was part of the engine failure notice and would be warranted 10 yrs from date of purchase 2016! I hope what ever is causing it it is covered under existing warranty as I bought 5yr/120km extended as is a 5yr lease!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,832 Posts
P0010 is either a camshaft actuator or intake, both should be covered under your 10 yr engine warranty if you are original owner , if not original owner covered under 5-60,000 warranty or your extended warranty.

But the oil use is usually a separate issue and you may be another Theta II engine replacement in the USA that is now covered under unlimited miles , lifetime engine replacement settlement

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for your comments! I will contact dealership tomorrow! I did receive a letter advising that our car was part of the engine failure notice and would be warranted 10 yrs from date of purchase 2016! I hope what ever is causing it it is covered under existing warranty as I bought 5yr/120km extended as is a 5yr lease!
Any update on this? Just wondering as I have the same car but only 60,000km

1 - 6 of 6 Posts