Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
So my dad has cancer in his hip and when we take him home for the day from pallative care we have to drive on the lawn and right up as close as we can get to the step so that he doesn't have as far to walk to get into the house. As i was backing out, i managed to get my Undercar Shield/ Skid Plate stuck on an stretch of the asphalt where the snow plows have been driving in the winter to keep access to a fire hydrant clear. Can anyone help me out with a cheap place online to get one? Like i said in the post it is a 2016 Elantra Sport. I talked to a parts department at the Hyundai dealership in my town, which by the way is Charlottetown, P.E.I. and he told me that there was a 'split" in that year and depending on your vin it could be almost $500 for a certain group of elantra's with a certain vin, or it could be closer to $200 if it has the other vin. If anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. Thank you and have a great day!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
we have 2 sedans(well, one now. traded one in for a sonata), and those suckers are huge. your problem is gonna be shipping, because it will go 'dim' weight, which means the shipping cost will be based on the dimensions, not the actual weight. if you drive the car a lot to the same spot, i would just leave it off

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we have 2 sedans(well, one now. traded one in for a sonata), and those suckers are huge. your problem is gonna be shipping, because it will go 'dim' weight, which means the shipping cost will be based on the dimensions, not the actual weight. if you drive the car a lot to the same spot, i would just leave it off
Where i live we have to get our cars inspected yearly, is that the same where you live? I will have to find out if that would pass inspection, which of course, is past due.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about your dad!! Have tried eBay or Rock Auto?
I did take a look at Rock Auto. Haven't tried eBay yet. I've been googling places in Canada. Cheapest i've found so far is from B.C. to P.E.I. for around $200. But i will check eBay for sure. Thank You for the reply!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i just found that out at rockauto. The part is $122 and shipping is $400. Would a car still pass inspection if that was off? My car is due for inspection but i can't afford to pay that kind of money for a piece of plastic right now. I'm in Canada and i think it may be different from province to province. I guess i'll just find out when i take it in for inspection.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
How in the wide world of sports can they charge you $400 for shipping??
because it goes by dimensional weight. there is a size limit on stuff shipped. i forget what the limit is, something like length+width+girth can only equal 70 inches or less, then it goes by actual weight. but if it is over that, then it goes by a calculation of the lwg. because the splash shield is so big, it takes up a lot more room, plus there is extra handling involved.

·
Registered
160 Posts
$20 is what I paid shipped via ebay for my splash shield from Ebay. 3rd party, but fits fine. Installed myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$20 is what I paid shipped via ebay for my splash shield from Ebay. 3rd party, but fits fine. Installed myself.
Wow that’s a bit better than $500. I’m assuming you’re in the States? I checked eBay.ca and they don’t have any

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow that’s a bit better than $500. I’m assuming you’re in the States? I checked eBay.ca and they don’t have any
Yes, in states. I have 2011. I just did search on ebay for 'splash shield' for 2011 Elantra

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
It is not needed for any inspection. It is for aerodynamics.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
My 14 had a good size one. Might check junk yards for one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts