Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2016 HSH Ultimate back from a dealer.

A few days ago, the first time the ICE started when using the car, Traction Control, Auto-Hold, and the Brake Warning light would come on.

I would stop, shut off and restart the car and no codes for the rest of the drive.

The following day, same scenario. First time ICE started, lights as above.

This eventually threw a check engine light which did after a day or two go away.

Sunday, the issue became much more prominent and actually caused a few hard shift issues.

Monday AM into the dealer, late Monday I hear back, the issue is being caused by the Crankshaft Position Sensor. One is on order, we'll install it Tuesday and call you when the car is ready.

I have it back, no lights or issues on the way home. I have a lengthy drive planned today so time will tell.

I will say this, dealerships have no idea what efficient driving is. Car went in at 4.3 L/100km, 99% ECO - 1% Normal. Got it back 17.7 L/100km, 31 % ECO - 69% Normal.

·
Registered
545 Posts
99% ECO is pretty amazing I would say. Best I can get is 97% and with that I'm currently getting about 64 MPG over 650 miles with 250 miles to go...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it appears the issue is resolved, the trip went without incident and although I'm getting some msgs I have never gotten before. (possible software update)

Rural road drive on secondary hwys, no A/C up, nice cool morning, A/C on coming back in the afternoon rendered 3.9 L/100km or 60.31 US MPG or 72.43 IMP MPG on the dash.

Looks like everything is back to normal on mileage. (100 % ECO at the moment, but first harder acceleration than I intended will change it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts