Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated the look of the 2016 grill when I first seen it, it has since grown on me and I actually really like it. I went looking to see if I could find some part number and price it out and the possibly even order it in hopes that it would just drop right in place on my 2013 bumper. Well come to find out eBay sellers are already selling it and claim it fits all prior models.

I just though I would pass it along. Here are the links:

Personally I have never seen this one before so I am not sure if its factory or not, its just labled as "OEM Type"
Elantra GT Touring I30 2012 2015 New Type Genuine Sports Radiator Grille | eBay

The style we have all seen:
Brand New Front Grille for Hyundai 2012 2015 I30 Elantra GT Hatchback | eBay

And a pic comparing the two:

Which one do you guys like more?

I am leaning more towards the one with more chrome for my car...

Yes I know its VERY dirty haha

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I hated the look of the 2016 grill when I first seen it, it has since grown on me and I actually really like it. I went looking to see if I could find some part number and price it out and the possibly even order it in hopes that it would just drop right in place on my 2013 bumper. Well come to find out eBay sellers are already selling it and claim it fits all prior models.

I just though I would pass it along. Here are the links:

Personally I have never seen this one before so I am not sure if its factory or not, its just labled as "OEM Type"
Elantra GT Touring I30 2012 2015 New Type Genuine Sports Radiator Grille | eBay

The style we have all seen:
Brand New Front Grille for Hyundai 2012 2015 I30 Elantra GT Hatchback | eBay

And a pic comparing the two:

Which one do you guys like more?

I am leaning more towards the one with more chrome for my car...

Yes I know its VERY dirty haha

2nd Picture

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is an extra trim ring that goes around this newer style grill. I actually contacted the seller of the first grill as reading though his ad he actually had pictures of both grills. Come to find out he is selling the standard grill, seems like a bad seller to have 14 pictures of one style grill and one pictures of another, one would expect your buying the item that has 14 pictures!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I personally like the one with less chrome. Also cause it is different then what will be standard in NA.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I like both of those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance you will be posting how to swap out the grill? Thinking of getting one myself just want to know what work is involved for making it happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not that difficult. I removed the front bumper cover, then it's a bunch of philips head screws to remove; the annoying part is then separating the old grille from the bumper cover and getting the new one in. You also have to remove the styrofoam buffer between the grille/bumper cover and the actual bumper (it's held on by two flimsy metal razor-blade looking things); there are a bunch of snaps you will have to unsnap which will be a pain in the ass and you may hurt your fingers. I tried using a flathead screwdriver and trim removal tools to make it easier but it really did not help and I ended up having to do everything by hand. You snap the new one in the same way. I was not able to actually put the styrofoam part back in (I think it's too big for this new type of grille) but at the end don't forget to put the trim piece on on the outside of the grille. You will also need 8 additional screws that are not a part of the old grille (for the trim piece) - just do what I did and head to the hardware store when you have another of the screws with you and you will be fine; the hard part is you'll have to get a ride there since your car will not have a front end on it until you are done haha.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
fairly new and aware of this old thread. can any bumper on any model fit on to each other?
Only GT grilles can fit onto the GT. Any US spec grilles will be plug and play while the overseas ones will require trimming of the foam absorber piece.

·
Registered
841 Posts
fairly new and aware of this old thread. can any bumper on any model fit on to each other?
the North American front bumpers from 2013 to 2017 should all be the same and interchangeable... as are the grills. I think its possible even the European and Asian bumpers and grills will fit. The fog lights from other countries will not fit without modification of the American steel bumper under the bumper. (different crash standards made the steel bumper different)

·
Registered
12 Posts
the North American front bumpers from 2013 to 2017 should all be the same and interchangeable... as are the grills. I think its possible even the European and Asian bumpers and grills will fit. The fog lights from other countries will not fit without modification of the American steel bumper under the bumper. (different crash standards made the steel bumper different)
good to know :) thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts