Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking at purchasing a 2016 Tucson Limited and concerned about the DCT software updates and their effectiveness.
I have heard a couple of owners state the updates have been completed and the vehicle operates fine afterwards. I have also heard the opposite of the outcomes.
Unfortunately as will everything I am seeing more negative reports on these DCT's and not much on the positive end.
Can anyone share their experience with updates and if they have worked or are they still experiencing issues?
I like the vehicle that I am considering however this issue is a rather large one which may prevent me from moving any further on it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Tucson Sport 1.6T DCT
216 Posts
Hi
I am looking at purchasing a 2016 Tucson Limited and concerned about the DCT software updates and their effectiveness.
I have heard a couple of owners state the updates have been completed and the vehicle operates fine afterwards. I have also heard the opposite of the outcomes.
Unfortunately as will everything I am seeing more negative reports on these DCT's and not much on the positive end.
Can anyone share their experience with updates and if they have worked or are they still experiencing issues?
I like the vehicle that I am considering however this issue is a rather large one which may prevent me from moving any further on it.

Thanks in advance.
Apparently, I have a competent dealer nearby. The two updates of which I know appear to be installed correctly. While I did notice hesitation during the first few months of ownership, I have experienced no issues since both updates where installed. Mine works fine now, but I understand how to operate a DCT.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts