Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm hooking up a little bazooka sub to the factory stereo.

I can hook the sub up using the speaker wires, 12v wire and accessory wire.

Based on the diagram I have attached. Does anyone know where I should tap for the 12v power and also the accessory wire.

I tried the power ground for the 12v but I am not getting any power.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Power Ground is the pin for ground for the radio itself as part of the power circuit. This is to identify it from either USB ground, AUX ground, MIC ground, etc. So it is essentially chassis ground (the frame of your car, probably GF01 or 02, something like that on the circuit diagrams).

The only thing you should tap into from the radio is the music output. There is not enough power going into the radio to power your sub. Most likely, the power going into the radio is feeding multiple modules. It should be powered by something called module X (on the fuse diagram, it'll say module 1, module 2, module 3, etc). From the diagram, I don't see an easy way to tap into the radio to get some kind of output.

You will need to take power directly from the fuse box. Take a look to see if the accent (you have the diagram for accent, not sure if that was your intention or looking for the elantra GT) has an amplifier as part of another package and try to tap power from there. The next best thing is to tap power from a feature you don't have, like heated seats, power seats, sunroof, etc. Often, those pins in the fuse box are powered but nothing is connected to them. You will need a special pin to tap into that kind of power though. The pins I've seen are either 090 or 187 (3/16" QC) for the fusebox. I could probably send you a few pins if you really want to go that route.

Most radio installers splice into the wire coming into the car for power, or run a dedicated thick cable directly from the battery. You'll need to do that if you have a large amp and/or sub (more than 10A or 120W).

Depending on how much power your sub draws, you can use Tap-A-Fuse where it takes power from an existing fuse location. Often those are only rated to 10A continuous.

Looks like ACC is pin 11 on connector B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts