Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Not sure if anyone is experiencing this issue, but I have been to the dealer at least 4 time in the last year complaining that upon acceleration from a stop sign or getting onto the parkway it seems as if the car sputters then realizes that the gas pedal is being pressed then goes. It seems like there is much hesitation to the acceleration. I also encounter that there are times when I take my foot off the gas pedal the engine RPM's go up then comes down. I am always told that that the computer mimics the way I drive and then "apparently" they reset the computer. I question this theory. Also, I do not have the DCT, basic 2016 Tucson AWD.

I can't go on for the next 10 years having to have the computer reset, I think that bogus. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Try to get a mechanic to drive it (and hopefully get it to hesitate) while recording data from the OBD port.

I also encounter that there are times when I take my foot off the gas pedal the engine RPM's go up then comes down.

This sounds like the transmission is downshifting when it shouldn't.
That plus the hesitation suggests to me there could be an issue with the gas pedal position sensor or the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try to get a mechanic to drive it (and hopefully get it to hesitate) while recording data from the OBD port.

That plus the hesitation suggests to me there could be an issue with the gas pedal position sensor or the throttle position sensor.

So you suggest that I go back to the dealer and ask him about what you suggested? Shouldn't they be looking at that when I bring it into them?

·
Registered
284 Posts
What you describe isn't normal at all, dealer needs to dive deeper. And as indicated above not just into transmission.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you describe isn't normal at all, dealer needs to dive deeper. And as indicated above not just into transmission.

OK, I will call them and make an appointment and request that they do more than just reset the computer system.

:mad:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does this happen all the time? Mine only seems to happen on cold starts. Irks the crap out of me though. I have to be careful when pulling out into the road so I'm not a sitting duck.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does this happen all the time? Mine only seems to happen on cold starts. Irks the crap out of me though. I have to be careful when pulling out into the road so I'm not a sitting duck.

No, that is what I thought at one point, but its when I am trying to get onto the parkway and I live a ways to it. It's basically anytime. I believe that it is unsafe and I refuse to give the car to my son who just got a license. How often do you experience this happening? Have you gone to the dealer about it?
Glad I am not the only one....:frown:

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, that is what I thought at one point, but its when I am trying to get onto the parkway and I live a ways to it. It's basically anytime. I believe that it is unsafe and I refuse to give the car to my son who just got a license. How often do you experience this happening? Have you gone to the dealer about it?
Glad I am not the only one....:frown:
Happens after every cold start when i first take off, once I'm driving I havent noticed any issues. I think mine is the dct version though - I have the 2018 awd lmtd. I have my first service appt this week and plan to bring it up then.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also I thought i saw something one day about a class action lawsuit about the hesitation issues but cant find it now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also I thought i saw something one day about a class action lawsuit about the hesitation issues but cant find it now.

If you fnd anything about the class action law suit can you kindly pass it along to me?

Also, let me know what the dealer says to you,

Do you have the DCT?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Clean the TB and see if that cures it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, don't conflate issues. Afaik the class action suit is about DCT hesitation, nothing to do with 6 spd autos.

US 2.0L is GDI though - could be a factor?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts

This is a good suggestion.

No.

Yes[/QUOTE]...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts