Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Tucson and recently when I have my heat on the A/C illuminates until I turn it off. This also happens when I use my remote start that it is on A/C not heat like in the past. Does anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
842 Posts
You're the wrong sub-forum, this is for the 2016+ tucsons.

Also, that's perfectly normal. The car will only run the A/C compressor as needed to dry the air inside your car. It does it on the 2016+ models as well. There's nothing to worry about, and you don't need to turn the A/C switch off. I keep it on all the time, in fact it's good to use in the winter to keep the humidity in the car down and keep the windows from fogging up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
hvac ftw

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Also, that's perfectly normal. The car will only run the A/C compressor as needed to dry the air inside your car. It does it on the 2016+ models as well. There's nothing to worry about, and you don't need to turn the A/C switch off. I keep it on all the time, in fact it's good to use in the winter to keep the humidity in the car down and keep the windows from fogging up.

Can you tell me where the correct forum is? I do not see one for 2015..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:laugh:

But if the A/C is illuminated doesn't that mean that the A/C is on? how will it work if I have the temperature on warm/hot opposed to cold?

·
Registered
842 Posts
:laugh:

But if the A/C is illuminated doesn't that mean that the A/C is on? how will it work if I have the temperature on warm/hot opposed to cold?
No, it doesn't mean the A/C compressor is necessarily on. The button is just to tell the computer that it's enabled. The software in the computer controls the A/C system and will turn on the compressor as needed. The A/C system doesn't need to blow cold air, it just needs to lower the temperature of the incoming air by a few degrees to make it denser which removes humidity from it. So if the heater system is blowing say 100F, the A/C system only needs to lower it to 90F to lower humidity. But you're still getting hot enough air to heat your cabin. This is all regulated and calculated by the computer software, the end user shouldn't even notice the effects. Keep in mind that your coolant temp is probably about 190F, the car's computer will regulate the coolant to the HVAC system as necessary. On a car with manual controls, you'll just have to adjust where you normally place your temperature marker, it may be a few more degrees clockwise. For an automatic system, it'll all be regulated for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts