Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He everyone,

I recently picked up a dash cam for my car to cover myself in the case of an idiot who causes an accident. I was wondering what fuse has everyone used to tap off of when you installed yours. I know there are multiple ones to choose from just interested to see where everyone has gone. I purchased this item at the link below to make the install very ease.

Dash Cam Quick & Easy Installation Kit - USB Output - Micro2 Fuse

·
Registered
168 Posts
You might want to search this forum as this has been covered many times. I have had a dashcam for a couple of years and it is wired to the upper center console right behind the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
69 Posts
While this is not an answer to your question I would point out one item when running the wiring.
If going down the A Pillar make sure you tuck the wiring behind the airbag. While it more than likely would not affect anything, we always made sure to tuck them behind just to be sure if going down A Pillar.

:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got one of those battery monitor shutoff devices and wired it to seat control and a spare. Seat control is hot 24/7 which is kinda weird but whatever.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Below is a pic of the fuse box where two fuses can be used for what you are looking for. One is "switched" and the other is "constant". Hope that helps.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts