Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Hyundai Sonata gets a shadowy preview - Autoblog

Hyundai Motor Previews Soon-To-Be Launched All-New Sonata

- The all-new Sonata becomes more competitive through innovation in fundamentals, Human-Machine Interface (HMI), design and improved safety
- Exterior rendering image hints at refined, premium design of all-new Sonata

March 4, 2014 – Hyundai Motor Company, South Korea's largest automaker, today revealed some details of the all-new Sonata, along with its first official exterior rendering, ahead of the model's world-premiere scheduled in Korea later this month. The all-new Sonata will debut in major markets later this year.

"Since the first Sonata was introduced in 1985, Hyundai Motor's symbolic midsize sedan has contributed hugely to the company's rapid growth and brand enhancement," said Jeong Gil Park, head of the Hyundai Motor Group's Engineering Design Division. "The all-new Sonata has evolved again, based on Hyundai Motor's world-class technologies, and it will play an important role in further facilitating our shift from quantitative growth to qualitative growth."

With accumulated global sales of almost 7 million units, the all-new Sonata is expected to set a new standard in its segment, just as its predecessor did with its revolutionary design. The project began with the aim of developing a world-class premium midsize sedan through innovation in fundamentals, while maintaining its heritage.

Hyundai Motor paid attention to achieving harmony by better integrating systems, providing value beyond customers' expectations and offering a sense of premium quality in every detail.

The all-new Sonata aims to deliver the best experiences and satisfaction within all aspects of the car. In particular, Hyundai Motor focused on improving the fundamentals of the car, namely, features related to performance and safety.

As one of the key drivers of Hyundai's global sales, Hyundai Motor tested the all-new Sonata in various locations worldwide, including the famed Nürburgring in Germany and California's Mojave Proving Ground in order to maximize product competitiveness and satisfy diverse needs in terms of quality and performance from each market.

DESIGN

The all-new Sonata is the second model to adopt 'Fluidic Sculpture 2.0,' completing a more refined, premium look. The all-new Genesis, which made its world debut last November, was the first model based on the evolved design philosophy.

Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 retains its original spirit while being further defined by core characteristics such as simple and harmonious design with refined fluidic design elements, a modern Hyundai look with a singular hexagonal grille, easy-to-understand and pleasant design, and rich visuotactile color, material and finishing of the car.

The design keyword of the all-new Sonata is 'Inner Force.' Inner Force points to the top notch perfection of the all-new Sonata, reborn with an evolved aesthetic force that stems from purpose and sophistication.

A single-frame, premium hexagonal grille, refined sidelines and high-tech, futuristic rear design work to create an image of a dynamic, sophisticated premium midsize sedan. And the dynamic line from the hood to trunk bestows a sporty, confident image to the car while the longer wheelbase maximizes its cabin space.

(You can read the rest of the press release by clicking on the link above the photo)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Ho hum. Definitely not as inspiring as the YF. Hope they have better sound deadening and less niggling issues to make up for the boring face.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The new genesis body has grown on me maybe this one will as well. Not saying its bad just different, because I like the current gen so much.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looking at this car I may go Honda.
Yep, definitely Honda. One of the nicest styling queues to the YF is the dramatic ridge running from front wheel arch to the rear license plate. A very bold ridge that separated the YF from the boring, three-box NF Sonata that came before (my daughter drives one. Yawn).

The anemic ridge on the new Sonata is almost identical in placement and statement to the current Honda Accord. I specifically eschewed the 2014 Accord last Dec when I bought the 2014 Sonata because I thought the styling milktoast. And now Hyundai goes and copies it.

Looks like the designer's mouse slipped while groping for "Fluidic Sculpture 2.0" and he clicked on "Fluidic Sculpture 1.0" by mistake, instead. Sad.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Looks like the designer's mouse slipped while groping for "Fluidic Sculpture 2.0" and he clicked on "Fluidic Sculpture 1.0" by mistake, instead. Sad.
Actually I think he grabbed the "Copy and Paste" versus the "Original Design" folders. :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a 2011 Limited and was debating a good time to trade for something new, not necessarily Hyundai. Looking at this car I now wonder if my value will not be hit as bad as I thought it might once the 2015 is out. Maybe shoppers would actually prefer a low mileage used YF over this new one.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
WOW! ". . . and rich visuotactile color . . . " It's true! I looked at that picture and I actually felt "blue" . . . though I doubt that is what Hyundai designers were looking for . . .

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think this is a better image.

I see this being more manly. don't know why just my opinion i see more of the kia optima now also

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Ho hum. Definitely not as inspiring as the YF. Hope they have better sound deadening and less niggling issues to make up for the boring face.
THE 2014 Sonata has more sound deadening to the A and C pillars, it has a thicker carpet.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
all i see is a Kia Optima.......

·
Registered
542 Posts
The car doesn't excite me too much but if the cute Chinese girl ate a few cheeseburgers she would :D

Sent from my SCH-I535

1 - 20 of 51 Posts