Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. In dashboard the outside ambient temperature shows -32c when I start the engine in the summer time and after a while can give hazardous numbers. I changed the ambient sensor but doesn't resolve the problem. Even if I disconnect the wire plug connected to the sensor. Nothing change in the value shown.
The issue is that the wrong value will not let the AC work when the value is less than -7C
Any help with this will be appreciated
Yhanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,315 Posts
One of the wires to the sensor is broken.
It's usually easy to figure out which one just by taking a couple of voltage measurements on the sensor harness connector. Finding the actual break so you can fix it is the challenging part of the repair.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your fast reply. I m at the dealer mechanic right now and they found exactly what you said the yellow wire connected to the harness connector is broken and they will replace the whole wire and connector from both connections . Thanks again

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Sport Stock
17 Posts
Thanks for your fast reply. I m at the dealer mechanic right now and they found exactly what you said the yellow wire connected to the harness connector is broken and they will replace the whole wire and connector from both connections . Thanks again
Hello Valdoweyz, I am replying to your old post about the ambient air sensor. Can you tell us or provide an image of where that sensor is located on your 2015 Sonata? I think I may be having problems with mine, but have no clue where it is located. Thank you in advance for any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts