Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
130,000 miles. I noticed that when cold (over night) the clutch seems to jump in and out of contact. Recently, when warm, I stopped to turn around which called for reverse. The throttle wouldn't work and the car wouldn't move while in reverse. t worked in drive but not reverse. Turned the car off and restarted. It worked.
The other day, I stopped to close a gate (car warm) and it acted the same except this time the same symptoms except this time it wouldn't move in Drive or reverse. Again there was no throttle in either drive or reverse. Again turning the car off and restarting solved the issue.
Any help would be much appreciated.
D

·
Registered
619 Posts
yikes I can't offer help but I have the same car as you but with much less mileage. 33,000. I have always assumed what you are experiencing was going to be the future of my car at some point but I have plans to trade for an EV in the next year. My transmission has its quirks but has never failed to move. When you describe seems similar to what many of the Tuscon owners with the DCT were experiencing. Their car not moving, etc.

I have heard/read there is a way for the dealer to "reset" the DCT as it is has a learning function or something, but I don't know if that would help your situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a factory service bulletin exactly describing my 2015 ECO 7 speed DCT problem. For some stupid reason, I didn't book mark the site and page. After a little more research and accumulation of more data I've pretty much decided that the problem is very likely a solenoid giving way; however, it will require a rather expensive scan tool to diagnose the problem. I have a OBDII with torque software and, although I haven't tried it yet, I doubt it's sophisticated enough to diagnose the problem.
My question has changed a little now, to...does anyone know of an affordable scanner that will diagnose these new fangled cars?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts