Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same issue for the past 3 months. No extended warranty. Dealer wants $2200 for new unit + installation charges extra. Dealers are well aware of this issue.
I tried reset button at the top right of cd player and fuse reset. no luck with fix.

My Observations:
1. system comes back after 15-20 mins and works fine.
2. If I turn off car and start immediately after 5 mins, then it works fine. no loading issue.
3. While returning home from work issues comes back. It seems the longer we leave the car off between starts, the issue persists.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have you tried replacing with a refurbished unit for $250? A lot less than $2200...There's a few listed on Ebay. I did not post a link because I wasn't sure if this violated rules here...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a look at those Ebay units as well. They are sold without SD card. we need to buy that separately. moreover SD card's map version is tied to specific map app version.

Over the weekend, I tried replacing my unit with my cousin's 2014 SF sport head unit. it worked without issues. and then I put my unit in his car. same loading issue. That tells the issue is internal to the unit, but not because of any external sensors/antennas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this aftermarket android unit from Seicane brand. -

Model - 2015-2016-2017-hyundai-santafe-ix45-hd-touchscreen-radio-gps-navigation-system-bluetooth-fm-aux-wifi-mirror-link-support-rearview-camera-digital-tv-obd2-dvd-tpms-h776e

sales team asked for dash board pics and confirmed that this unit replaces factory navigation system. Climate control changes also work. But the company reviews are not good.

Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found this aftermarket android unit from Seicane brand. -

Model - 2015-2016-2017-hyundai-santafe-ix45-hd-touchscreen-radio-gps-navigation-system-bluetooth-fm-aux-wifi-mirror-link-support-rearview-camera-digital-tv-obd2-dvd-tpms-h776e

sales team asked for dash board pics and confirmed that this unit replaces factory navigation system. Climate control changes also work. But the company reviews are not good.

Anyone tried this?
No, but I have been heavily considering it lately for my 2015 Limited model. I really want the Android Auto functionality that is supposedly possible using their Carplay Dongle.

I have read a lot of positive and negative reviews. The good ones one YouTube are mostly specific to Jeep and Subaru STi enthusiasts... But I'm sure a lot of the negatives come from idiots who shouldn't be attempting the install on their own anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, but I have been heavily considering it lately for my 2015 Limited model. I really want the Android Auto functionality that is supposedly possible using their Carplay Dongle.

I have read a lot of positive and negative reviews. The good ones one YouTube are mostly specific to Jeep and Subaru STi enthusiasts... But I'm sure a lot of the negatives come from idiots who shouldn't be attempting the install on their own anyway.

I received final confirmation from Seicane and I'm out of luck. This unit doesn't support Dimension audio system (SFS 2015 2.4L). I can't speak for infinity unit (SF 2015 2.0 Turbo). Wiring harness that comes with the unit doesn't have pins for all wires. Seems its only for Korean model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received final confirmation from Seicane and I'm out of luck. This unit doesn't support Dimension audio system (SFS 2015 2.4L). I can't speak for infinity unit (SF 2015 2.0 Turbo). Wiring harness that comes with the unit doesn't have pins for all wires. Seems its only for Korean model.
Thanks for the heads up. I have the Infinity system in my 2.0T.. I'll attempt to get confirmation on it before ordering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran across this site and topic while searching for a cure to my problem. I have a 2015 Santa Fe Limited that has nearly the same issue, BlueLink Loading. It started at about 55,000 miles. Should have taken it to a dealer before we got to 63,000. Mine has gotten to the pointy that it never loads, even if driving it for hours. I believe it may started from a virus though. The first indication I saw of any trouble was a couple of years ago when a Windows like virus warning popped up on the screen that I was able to cancel. Maybe it's just coincidental, but I was surprised to see that and feel like it might have been the start of the problem. I'm searching for a fix but so far nothing I've tried from other's suggestion has worked. I've taken the SD nav card out to reset, used the radio head reset button, and pulled fuses for the radio and nav, etc. without good results. It's gotten progressively worse in the past 2,000 miles to the point where I'm going to have to take it to the dealer for a big repair bill I guess.

I appreciate reading other's posts, but sorry to see there haven't been any real fixes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2014 Santa Fe Ultimate that started having problems 6 months ago with the Blue Link reboot issue...it never loads and keeps trying to reboot. We have been talking with the dealer throughout the process. At first, we were told there was a bad software update pushed out and that engineering was working on a fix. The dealership couldn’t do anything about it. The update never came. For the past 5 months, we’ve had no access to anything related to the head unit. Our Santa Fe was CPO and we bought the wrapper extended warranty. We finally took it back to the dealer about 2 months ago and they agreed the head unit had to be replaced. They ordered it...it’s a remanufactured head unit. it’s on Backorder with NO ETA. I escalated this to Hyundai Corporate to try to get better info on availability...nothing. Needless to say, we are highly disappointed. New parts are “not” available supposedly. I keep hoping for news from somewhere...I’ll keep watching here as well...and will post an update if we hear anything...

·
Registered
737 Posts
We have a 2014 Santa Fe Ultimate that started having problems 6 months ago with the Blue Link reboot issue...it never loads and keeps trying to reboot. We have been talking with the dealer throughout the process. At first, we were told there was a bad software update pushed out and that engineering was working on a fix. The dealership couldn’t do anything about it. The update never came. For the past 5 months, we’ve had no access to anything related to the head unit. Our Santa Fe was CPO and we bought the wrapper extended warranty. We finally took it back to the dealer about 2 months ago and they agreed the head unit had to be replaced. They ordered it...it’s a remanufactured head unit. it’s on Backorder with NO ETA. I escalated this to Hyundai Corporate to try to get better info on availability...nothing. Needless to say, we are highly disappointed. New parts are “not” available supposedly. I keep hoping for news from somewhere...I’ll keep watching here as well...and will post an update if we hear anything...
That sucks. You protected yourself with the extended warranty, IMO. But Hyundai seems to have dropped the ball (IMO) on this one. And I don't think the warranty company would pay for you to maybe find one at a junk yard (yeah, it'd be used, but at least you'd have one).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts