Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY SF Sport has the premium sound/navigation system installed.. the past few days when you start the car, the radio screen shows the "Blu-Link" loading screen.. the progress bar goes to 50% then 100%.. screen goes blank for a second and the same thing repeats itself over and over for about 15 minutes..and you cannot display anything else..finally it loads, normal radio or xm radio screen returns and everything works fine for the rest of the day but the next day the same thing happens.. I do not subscribe to Blu Link.. any ideas?? If I take it to dealer which is over 25 miles away, it works fine by the time I get there.. ?????

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you try the system reset. use a paper clip and push the button in the small hole on the right side of the cd player slot. This radio system works on Microsoft CE operating system. We all know how Microsoft works. I would also try to remove and reseat the nav. sd card. A reboot of the system may save you a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Blue Link Loading

Did you try the system reset. use a paper clip and push the button in the small hole on the right side of the cd player slot. This radio system works on Microsoft CE operating system. We all know how Microsoft works. I would also try to remove and reseat the nav. sd card. A reboot of the system may save you a trip to the dealer.
will rebooting system impact anything after rebooting or if it fails? I don't know about reseating the Nav sd card as the Blue Link Loading screen appears regardless if the radio is on or off and at that point wouldn't access the card. The Blue Link Loading screen is a part of the start up process..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the "ReBoot" suggestion and all seems to be working fine now! Thanks for the solutions..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still a problem

I thought the problem was resolved until I started the car this morning and it was there again. Was in the area of Hyundai Dealer this morning and asked them about it, but by that time it was working normally.. "Never seen that before" was their response.. Will document what it is doing for a week and then take it back for evaluation under warranty... Picture was taken to show them what it was doing..

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry to hear you still have the problem. The radio unit controls and interfaces with a lot of systems. when the unit is off it is still in the system. Are you using Bluelink? I was told that if I did not keep up the service they would turn off the cellular module after a year of in activity. If you wanted Bluelink back you would have to pay for a new module with a new number. I don't know if this is related to your problem or not. The system may be trying to connect with all of the modules on startup and after a while just maps around the problem module. The dealer should be willing to check the codes and tell if you have a communication error in the systems. They may want to charge for the checkout. I don't know what kind of cpo warranty you have. I bought the wrap up plan on top of the cpo. It covers the electronics and the trouble prone head unit. Cars are more like computer systems now with all of the networks on board. If something does not read right it causes all kinds of problems. You might try the reset again. Can't hurt. Let us know what you find out. Is your maps up to date. Some updates to the system comes on the map SD card. Ask your dealer to check for any updates that may need done on your vehicle. Dealers are not always up to date on the vehicle systems. They can call the factory tech center and get information if they will take the time. Go over the problem with the service manager. The service writer does not have time to stay up on all of the tech. If you don't get an answer call a different dealer. If you car is doing this someone else has had the problem also.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I thought the problem was resolved until I started the car this morning and it was there again. Was in the area of Hyundai Dealer this morning and asked them about it, but by that time it was working normally.. "Never seen that before" was their response.. Will document what it is doing for a week and then take it back for evaluation under warranty... Picture was taken to show them what it was doing..
If I understand you correctly, when you initially turn it on it takes 10 to 15 minuets to load, correct? When you got to the dealer it was working normally! If you leave it off and turn it on when and only when you get to the dealer, I presume this would help you since it would actually take 10 to 15 minutes to load and you can show the dealer. Just don't turn it on until then!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea BUT.. the Blue Link screen / loading screen appears regardless if the radio is on or off.. It happens the minute you start the car..

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY SF Sport has the premium sound/navigation system installed.. the past few days when you start the car, the radio screen shows the "Blu-Link" loading screen.. the progress bar goes to 50% then 100%.. screen goes blank for a second and the same thing repeats itself over and over for about 15 minutes..and you cannot display anything else..finally it loads, normal radio or xm radio screen returns and everything works fine for the rest of the day but the next day the same thing happens.. I do not subscribe to Blu Link.. any ideas?? If I take it to dealer which is over 25 miles away, it works fine by the time I get there.. ?????
Bumping this!

I have a 14 SF Sport that is doing the exact same thing. It started getting worse and worse for the past month. The Bluelink Loads to 50% then restarts and loads to 50% then restarts. It does this process for 10-15 mins. I can hear my radio and back up camera works (without green/yellow lines), but i can't call, adjust the climate control or anything else. I have also hit the reset button the on the radio but the loading issue is still there.

I've been researching this for a while now and no one seems to know whats causing the problem. If anyone has any insight please share.

I would like to avoid the dealer if possible cause i'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem not solved BUT I did find this out.. I am no electronics wizard but this is what I believe might be happening.. The BluLink function remains active regardless if the car is on or not (as in the case of an accident).. When I park the car in a certain spot close to the house structure with only half of the sky visable to the car, the next morning the problem appears.. Maybe the system looses sight of the BluLink Satellite and goes into a searching mode due to the house obstruction... HOWEVER when I park the car in a totally different location with a clear sky view for any length of time and start up, BluLink immediately loads without any hesitation.. Just a thought! The dealer has no clue and not able to offer any help!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well my last possible solution didn't totally solve the problem, but it did make it better.. Today when the temperature was 20 degrees f, and the car was parked in the clear spot overnight, it happened again only this time it lasted 20 minutes.. On the way home from a city 50 miles away, I stopped at the Hyundai dealer to discuss the issue again as I wanted it documented before the warranty ran out.. WHAT A SHOCK when they told me that the Hundai 50K mile bumper to bumper warranty DID NOT COVER THE RADIO HEAD UNIT.. it is only covered 3 yrs/36 K miles... So I was out of luck since mine was a 2015.. Guess I will have to live with the issue....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does the BlueLink system have a separate antenna system or does it use the cars XM antenna?.. I took the car to the dealer as they had told me that the Radio was covered under the extended service plan I had purchased.. BUT NOT WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.. The service plan would pay for removing the radio, sending it to a repair facility, and then reinstalling it.. This could take up to 4 weeks with nothing but a hole in the dash, no radio, no climate control, no heat, no back up alarms... just don't think that this will work in the dead of winter! Also no rental car would be provided as I could still drive the car.. Lesson Learned.. read the fine print twice before buying any extended warranty plan! I think I will just live with the BlueLink loading problem!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More info..

While on vacation, I stopped by another Hyundai Dealer that I have done business with in the past.. although the service writer at first denied ever hearing of this problem, when I was leaving told me that the 2015 Genessis had exactly the same issue and it never has been resolved.. BlueLink loading issues.. We then talked off to the side and he agreed if it was a hardware issue, the head unit would not work at all instead of after several attempts to load.. then work fine.. As a last resort, he suggested that I check battery voltage in the morning before trying to start the car.. might be to low for radio memory to retain BlueLink program in memory overnight?? Something top ponder!! :frown:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did you ever resolve this issue

did you ever solve this problem?

Bumping this!

I have a 14 SF Sport that is doing the exact same thing. It started getting worse and worse for the past month. The Bluelink Loads to 50% then restarts and loads to 50% then restarts. It does this process for 10-15 mins. I can hear my radio and back up camera works (without green/yellow lines), but i can't call, adjust the climate control or anything else. I have also hit the reset button the on the radio but the loading issue is still there.

I've been researching this for a while now and no one seems to know whats causing the problem. If anyone has any insight please share.

I would like to avoid the dealer if possible cause i'm out of warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my 2014 SF Limited - So Frustrating!

did you ever solve this problem?
I read somewhere else to pull the fuse for the radio, so I may try that. As far as the antenna not being able to connect with the satellite, why would this have not been the case for previous years? Has anyone had this problem and then subscribed to the Premium BlueLink service to see if it fixes it? Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have tried everything with no luck what so ever...problem still there.. Next week the dealer will remove the head unit and send it somewhere for repair. My extended warranty will pay for remove /repair / reinstall ($100 deductible) but will not replace the head unit. I will be driving the vehicle with a hole in the dash until it is fixed..hopefully within 3 weeks,,,.. Will post status as repairs are made..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took the car to the dealer to have them remove the radio and send it in for repair??? Several days later the dealer called me and said it was ready..yesterday they installed the radio... It appears as though a new head unit was installed as it had a different SIRIUS/XM ESN and it loos new.. apparently thre original radio was not repairable OR there is a pool of repaired radios that they were able to draw from...ALL WORKS FINE NOW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with us. But w/o the extended warranty. Dealer wants $2700 to fix. FML.

I wish someone could tell me exactly what's going wrong with these units, and why it's sensitive to cold weather. Almost feels like a loose wire or something. Once it finishes booting up (20mins later), it's fine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts