Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
940 Posts
yes, yes, no, maybe, possibly, yes.

Just kidding, I didn't answer those accurately.

The factory unit 'probably' rolls off frequencies, especially bass at higher volumes. Replacing the speakers will give you somewhat better clarity, but you're still limited by the head unit.

You don't need a component set if you don't want one. You can, if you do. Replacing the speakers is good enough.

2 ohm, 4ohm, 90db or 98db sensitivity, most of it isn't going to make a noticeable difference, in my opinion. I would want the speakers to match the output of the head unit but it's such a small matter it's almost pointless to consider.

The only way you get a truly noticeable difference is by adding an amp to the speakers, which it sounds like you don't really want.

I used a Clarion amp on my 13 Elantra that was small enough to fit inside the dash behind the radio but it didn't make much of a difference, but that could have been because of my choice of cheap speakers.

· Registered
940 Posts
What amp was this? I like the idea of bring able to hide it, and not tuck it in trunk or under a seat.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
It was a Clarion XC series amp.. I don't recall which model but it was 50wx4 anyways... but like I said somewhere, it didn't make much difference, perhaps because of my choice of speakers (Sound Ordinance, cheap house brand from Crutchfield, won't do that again).

There's other amps similar in size that people have used.. might be worth researching and comparing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.