Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced the same stereo with a Pioneer 2300nex ,which has CD/DVD player and ability to add backup camera. Dash kit is a Metra DP-7363B, used Metra Axxess ASWC-1 to retain all steering wheel controls, added a Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier,which was installed behind the dash, added a subwoofer and replaced factory speakers.

Happy to help if you have any questions

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I knew someone out there had to have done this upgrade. I'll look over the details you listed and get back to you. Just to confirm... you lost zero steering wheel controls when it comes to the radio/phone/siri?
Yes that's correct. My biggest concern was losing the push to speak ability but it still functions with android auto and apple car play.

Just a heads up on two things. Factory microphone no longer works for me, installed the one that came with the new head unit at the top near my headliner, no issues with it. I lost the ability to use the factory USB and auxiliary ports. Good news, was very easy to run a new auxiliary and USB cable into the cubbie.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You're welcome. Took some photos, these should help give you a better idea.

I forgot exactly what the installer told me for the microphone but, I've got a dash camera and a remote start antenna installed in the same area, and wasn't too concerned about the ascetics. I also had the option of mounting it near the gauges.

With the USB, they do sell a kit to use the existing factory harness but, was told they haven't had sucess using it as a data connection for Android Auto/Car Play. The reviews I've read for the kit seem to confirm that.

Also should mention if you decide to go with a Pioneer head unit, they disable a bunch of the options within the head unit unless the parking brake is engaged. They have a bypass kit which I would recommend installing to get the most from the unit.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9AQPUU/ref=sxts_kp_bs_tr_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=4330520827143747311&pd_rd_wg=oPy8r&pf_rd_r=10AQ86QT53N13N3254HW&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00A9AQPUU&pd_rd_w=MOazJ&pf_rd_i=pioneer+parking+brake+bypass&pd_rd_r=2c43e333-f906-4eca-8db6-f5767215b957&ie=UTF8&qid=1531323953&sr=1[/ame]

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.